Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Northwestern Pa. girl looking for buddy

Hello, My name is Lisa . I am 45 and have about 30-40 pounds to lose. I work fulltime, re-married almost 2 years ago with 2 grown kids. I enjoy crafts, scrapbooking, ebay and playing with our dog. My activity level has been relatively low...my husband and I walk with our energetic puppy several times a week but thats about it. I have had an office job for the past 13 years which doesnt help. I really want to get my eating(emotional eater)back under control and then add some excercize back in. I have tried all the fad diets as well as weight watchers, tops, curves and 2 other local gyms. I just cant seem to stay motivated...I think I am ready now though and was just looking for someone to keep in touch with online either through here or a chat program . I am online most evenings after 9pm for a little while to unwind before bed.
I just thought it would be nice to meet someone else with similar interests or situations to be supportive of each other. gimem a hollar if you are interested.
prpleyeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #2  
aka Regina Phalange

S/C/G: 355/350/180

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Hi Lisa, what part of Northwestern PA?? How far north? I am from Western PA too...but not sure how "north" you think "north" is....Butler? or Erie? LOL

I have problems with motivation too, and I know having someone to lean on, and to use as a sounding board really helps. Last year, my Mom, my Aunt and I spent four months having meetings every week, and I lost 40 lbs. The support was great, but we fell off, and now I can't get them interested in starting that again...its one of the reasons I came here for a buddy...so if you wanna be a buddy...I can do it!!

ryanzgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:21 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Hi!

Hi Lisa & Julie

I'm from NJ but...my DBF is from Pittsburgh...does that count?? I'd love to join you for some chatting Feel free to PM me anytime. Looking forward to hearing from you!!!

All the best to you!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #4  

Hi Lisa
I'm not in Northwestern Pa, but I'm in Central Pa. I'd love to keep in touch with you. I have struggled with my weight all my life, it seems, but the older I get, the harder it is! I am 51 now. I'm married 30 years, and have three children, one teenager, and two in their 20's who have moved out. My oldest dd is expecting in Oct, so I am looking forward to being a grandma!
Anyway please feel free to PM me. Maybe we can keep each other motivated, lol.

dustcatcher
dustcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:14 AM   #5  

Wow....thanks girls for the messages. I would love to be buddies with you ! I have to admit though I am still trying to figure things out with the computer so bear with me. I have had one for 7 years or so but never really got into posting , threads and stuff like that . Kim what does dbf mean?And Julie I saw a couple abbreviations on your profile that I assume were health related .... sorry...mayeb I will lose weight AND get more computer literate! LOL.and I am actually right between Pittsburgh and Erie.
Anyhow...I am not a reader..although I bought Dr. Phil's book that you mention Julie, about a year or so ago and never really got into it. I am finishing up Marley & Me, which I cant put down so I think I will go back to Dr. Phil and try it again. I have to tell you guys...last night I made steak salad for dinner....NO FRIES for me!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!! AND I had sesame ginger dressing instead of my ususal gobs of ranch dressing. I know thats small...but its really a huge thing for me. ok well I have babbled enough...thanks again gals, tell me...is this page how we keep in touch or is there another way ..like "Pennsylvanaia girls"club or something like that or whats easiest so I dont miss any of you ? Sorry to sound so stupid...I just dont wanna miss anything..LOL...have agreat day.Lisa
Old 08-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Good Morning Lisa!

Sorry to confuse you so early in the morning! DBF = dear boyfriend. Yeah, he's a Pittsburgh guy...BIG Steelers fan!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!

Best way for me to keep in touch....probably Yahoo Messenger. Do you have it? If so, I'd love to chat with you.

Sounds like you're off to a wonderful start! Keep up the great work...you CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:17 AM   #7  
aka Regina Phalange

S/C/G: 355/350/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Lisa, Kim and Duscatcher....

I would love to be buddies with all of ya...

GO STILLERS!!!

It would be cool to have a PA girls thread...we should ask someone about starting one of those!!

Lisa, I am between Pittsburgh and Erie too, but closer to Pittsburgh....

Its late now...I will catch up more later!!

Nite Buds!!
ryanzgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #8  

did I mention I am a BROWNS fan??????? LOL....my husband is die hard Stillers fan though..makes for an interesting mix.
Hey girls...I joined(re-joined) the weight loss support group TOPS last night. I did it about 15 years ago and lost 37 pounds...this is the only think I have done (gyms, weight watchers...fad diets....) that ever took the weight off. I know I am older now and have a desk job so its not coming off as easy as before. But I am committed! I started keeping a food menu today and man do i tend to eat a lot of calories!!!! EVen on "healthy "food! SO ...I hope I can continue the positive attitude I have had the past 2 days. ANyhow...I reloaded messenger and I think I haev Julie and Kim added as contacts..but I'm not certain. Its very differrent than a few years ago when I had it.
so hopefully we will connect somtetime soon. Dustcatcher , thanks for your response as well.. I hope we all can keep in touch and motivate each other...how is every doing?????
Old 08-30-2006, 08:19 PM   #9  

Hi Lisa, feel free to Pm me anytime!

dustcatcher
dustcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote