Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Cool Buddy please!

I need a buddy that is as motivated as I and will help me stay motivated everyday.

As a mother of three I get cravings like pizza. I try to stay away from eating out now as to it is too easy to cheat and over eat. But starting out I start to crave those items.

i started walking again 1-3 miles a day and have been enjoying it very much. But my feet ache towards the afternoon. I have broken my feet three times with stress fractures (hereditary and weight induced) so ofcourse, I have to be careful, but probably contributes to more weight gain now.

I have always been thin to average excluding the last three years to five years. (can't remember exactly...LOL) My age (36), having three kids, a heavier husband, who has no control and could care less of his eating habits, along with not feeling like exercising has played a major roll in my larger capacity. LOL

Starting at 184 now 182 wanting to be 132 to 138 at 5' 4" in height has shown me that doing this alone will be ever so difficult, but am willing to do whatever it will take to get it off.

Long story short is there a buddy out there anywhere so we can keep other in check??? I think over all exercise however much it hurts is the key component to losing weight along with lower calories. I am willing to try new adventures to utilize more calories..............
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #2  
A Perfect Lie

S/C/G: 238/238/140

Height: 5ft6

Id love to buddy up with u!
But.. are u looking for someone local or online?
Obviously being in different countries i cant help u locally but would be up for buddying online?
xx
Victoria21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #3  
SonJohn

S/C/G: SW 226/ CW 207/ GW175

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up

I'M LOOKING FOR An accountability partner or two - And on-line is just fine with me, so if three's not a crowd count me in.
SonJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3"

I am also looking for a buddy to help with the struggle of losing weight. I am following the south beach diet and I do well for the first few days and then start to slide into my old routines. Looking for support to help me keep on track. I am 41 years old 5'3" tall and my weight is 217 my goal wt is 130 I know it will take time but it took time to put on I shouldn't think is going to come off fast - I get frustrated when it doesn't and I think that is my down fall. Today is day 2 on the south beach and holding good . So if I can - I would love to be a buddy too.
hommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:07 PM   #5  

Default lets do it!!

Lets all be buddies and keep each other accountable...More the better!

thank you all so much!!!!!!!!......
Old 08-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/178/120

Height: 5'5"

We have a lot in common. I am 35, mom of two. I am 192/178/120 5'5". I know I will probably not make it down that low, but I like to shoot high. I am new to Red Bluff, Ca. My husband, who eats everything he can, is very little help. His response is usually "quit talking about it and just do it". He can also lose 25 lbs. in a month when he applies his own philosophy. So he has no patience for my dieting. We like to go on walks with the kids at night, but it is sooo hot up here, that we have cut down. I would love to keep in touch. Look forward to hearing from you.

Michelle
LuvMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #7  
A Perfect Lie

So what do we do now lol.. im new to all this.. we adding eachother to msn? or swapping email addys
xx
Old 08-23-2006, 09:03 PM   #8  

Default yahooo!

I'm new to this too. There has got to be a community thread that we can use or chat on perhaps at the same time everyday. I will find out...
Old 08-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #9  

So far in our support group we have Victoria21, SonJohn, hommer, LuvMyBabies. We will keep it closed to us until further notice or if anyone else wants to let others join. This will be our support group and a great one we shall be...LOL Now for a meeting place and time, community board place and later a chance to share our e-mail addresses if everyone agrees.

How does that sound and any other suggestions to add?...
Old 08-23-2006, 09:35 PM   #10  
A Perfect Lie

Sounds great to me..
I have no idea about how to set up a community board But the rest sounds fine to me.. If we all had MSN we could set up a chat on that.. x
Old 08-23-2006, 10:19 PM   #11  

Default chat

im going to the chat section in the upper right corner if anyone would like :to :meet there. It is 7:18 p.m. california time now. I will stay for 15 minutes. hopefully you all get this message within that time.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!! Day 3 for me on the beach I hope evryone has a great day. Hope to here from someone today.
hommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #13  

Default tough one today

Hi all! I have done well today day four on the 1200 calorie/weight watcher/exercise program/now super foods diet...lol Hey I will try it all!! Take the good of all diets and exercise.

Boy today was a little tougher though getting motivated to walk two miles and 50 sit ups. I had one egg in the morning after exercise then I went with a friend in her car who wanted to eat out.

she is on a diet too however not at the same point I am at (she is still cheating on the diet and cravings are running rapid for her) she talked about chinese food, going to cosco for hotdogs, but they might have salads too (for me going out at all brings tooo many cravings and I will cheat)

She means well, but she was just starving when she went out today. We finally agreed on subway 6 inch roast beef with no cheese and only vinegar and salt and pepper.

I bought one of those hamilton beach lean meat machine and am loving it for snack veggies and chicken or hamburger fast food without the mess.

It was funny though, I bought the hamilton beach one then took it back for the george foreman one, thinking it would be bigger and better to cook more. Then I had to return the George Foreman one back to the store for the same hamilton beach one i had previosly bought, which cooked better and faster. Although smaller meals which is good, but much more efficient when you need a meal fast or you'll reach for the other fattening stuff.

Long story short the day was a struggle but went well. Hope it gets easier!!
Old 08-25-2006, 01:34 AM   #14  
Dymplez

S/C/G: 290/287/199

Height: 5' 4'

Question

Hello, everyone

I am a newbie, I just registered, not really sure how to post. Just trying it for the 1st time. I don't quite understand the buddy system, but I know that I need one. I want to view my Avatar and signature don't have a clue on how to do it. Anyone with suggestions please feel free to inform me.

I feel like a Freshman in high school and cannot find my classes. Some one please HELP!!!
dymplez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi there everybody. I am very new to bulletin boards. I took an impromptu road trip with my family to Oregon. Did I mention my family includes a one and two year old? We had a great time though. So, a little about me and my journey. I guess I realized I had a weight problem when I was 10 and the boys that lived on my court (but best-friends, at the time) used to call me Orka. My self esteem has been on a rollercoaster ride since then. I never thought of myself as obese, though the numbers don't lie. With two very active kids, I want to become healthier so I can keep up with them. Also, to fix my self esteem.

I have been on/off Nutrisystem since May of this year. I had great success with it. When I had the willpower to stay on program. So, over the weekend, I am getting a game plan together and jumping head first, again, on Monday. I know that the Nutrisystem plan worked, but I have always had success when I write down what I eat. How many of you keep an exersize/food journal?

Well, I mentioned two babies, right? So, it's mommy time. I'll pop back by later. Nice to meet you all!

Michelle
192/back at 192/120
LuvMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote