Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #1  
Erica

S/C/G: 312/310/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Very New Member - Need Diet Buddy Desperately!

Hello everybody. I am so new here. Just registered and still trying to feel my way around. I am so discouraged. I bombed on the Atkins after 2 days. I felt like total crap and I just caved. Looking to start a low fat/exercise diet. I have a lot of weight to lose and could use a lot of support. I am 31 years old and hoping to start a family in the next year and would love to be in better shape before I get pregnant.

Anyone interested?
martzerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3"

I am new to and I am starting the South Beach Diet tomorrow.I have failed a few times before but I am ready to do it this time. My goal weight is 130 which means I need to lose 87 pounds. This forum seems like just the motivation I need to get myself going and keep on going till I reach my goal. I am looking for a buddy to help with the bumps that can occur along the way
hommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #3  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!!

Good Luck on your weight loss!! You can do it!!

I lost all my weight on a low fat diet!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/183/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Ladies,

I would have bombed after 2 days on Atkins too! I need veggies (which I never knew until I tried Atkins) South Beach is a much more friendly plan. I am continually on phase 2 of South Beach. The first time I tried South Beach I lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks....but I can't do phase 1 anymore. I need the bread, it's whole wheat, but I need it at least a couple times a week....I guess I am in phase 1.5

This is a great place for motivation....I'm trying to lose weight before getting pregnant too!! DH would have had me knocked up 3 months ago, but I'm not quite ready...I'm trying to hard to be in the 170's by the time August is up....PLEASE!!!!
brooke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #5  
Erica

I am not even sure what my goal is. I have been heavy all my life and am not even sure what I am capable of yet. All I know is that I need to change the way I live my life!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:09 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!

I've been on Atkins over 2 years. Its a wonderful program that works when done correctly
I've eaten plenty of veggies & salad everyday since I began. The key to any eating plan is not to think of it as a diet or temporary fix. It must be considered a lifestyle change for it to work.

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Welcome Martzerica!! You've come to the right place for inspiration and motivation. Scan the boards and you'll see all kinds of success stories to inspire. Look further and you'll find people from whatever plan you want to consider. There's a section for everyone. Check out threads that are similar to your age, or similar to your weight as these folks are going through or have been through exactly what you are and they'll help you along. I know you'll love it here.

Sunshine: You're doing awsome, girl! CONGRATS!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3fc!! I now it is silly, but I get inspiration from shows like celebrity fit club seeing the change in from the beginning of the show til the end always amazes me. I am going to be one of those success stories! I have drastically changed my eating styles. IF you feel overwhelmed with the idea of loosing weight set a small goal like 10 pounds or 1 pant size when you reach that goal, do it again. Loosing weight, no matter what amount takes time/hard work. Good luck!!! I know you can do it, just take one step at a time!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #9  
Erica

Thanks for the encouragement. I do draw inspiration from The Biggest Loser. It should be on in the fall so that will help. I do agree with setting small goals. I set a 1 month goal of 7 lbs. I am not sure if that is realistic or not. I just need to fell my way through all this. Once I get going I will be fine. Last night was rough. I felt like a failure for quitting Atkins after 2 days. I can not believe how it made me feel. But today was a new day and so is tomorrow.