Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Coming out of Lurkdom!

I've been a huge lurker on this site for some weeks now, wanted to join my first challenge, and jump in here and chat, I feel like I know you all already! This site has kept me so inspired and so motivated!!! So, I'll just jump right in and get involved.....

My name is Michelle, 30 yr old from Ohio, wife to Michael, 9 years this December. I married my childhood sweetie~he was my next door neighbor since I was five years old! We have two darling children, Robert, who is 6,(my little redhead) and Rachel, who is 2, who is a blondie but should be the redhead with her spitfire personality. I work as an RN on a med-surg floor in a hospital and I'm a certified diabetic educator and peritoneal dialysis nurse. (not as exciting as it sounds, trust me) I work the 7pm-7am shift, three days a week, every third weekend. It's tough not snacking to keep awake late nights!

Two years ago, I lost 70 pounds on Atkins/low carb and was loving the way I felt, got down around 200 lb and got pregnant with Rachel...decided not to stay low carb during my pregnancy, ballooned back up to 270...sigh...but a week after she was born, I developed a life threatening septic infection (retained placenta from the delivery), underwent two operations, intubated twice, spent 9 weeks in the hospital....dropped weight to around 220 but I looked sickly....got well and went back to my love affair with food, since I had been so sick and couldnt eat....the day my scale told me 296, I thought, if I see 300 I would just die....(no offense to those who do)....tried low carb, seemed not to work for me again, and wanted a diet plan that I could follow and feed my family. So I just make smarter choices, more fresh fruits/veggies, leaner meats, water water water, etc. I don't go to weight watchers meetings, but I figure I'm pretty close to what they do.

I actually belong to three gyms! Well, one is free, the therapy services at the hospital, since I dont live close to there, I don't go there much (but I did when I lived closer), then I joined Curves, but their hours are too restrictive, can't seem to get there (though it was easy to go after night shifts, but who wants to exercise after 12hr night!?) I keep intending to go cancel there but haven't done so yet.....But the last I joined was Ladies Super Fitness, I think it's just local (I dont think its a chain, have any of you heard of it?) Its a ladies gym, its really huge, the hours are 9am-9pm so I can get in anytime. Plus they weigh and measure you every month and set up a program with you; which machines to use, how much weight and how many reps, etc. I've actually BEEN GOING! And seeing results! I can't say I LOVE to work out, but I do feel better lately and feel frumpy when I don't go. I usually start out elliptical for 20 min, weights and abs, then cross trainer 15 min. I live close enough I could walk there, I just usually drive. I work my 12 hr nights, wake up early enough to work out before getting the kids from daycare (or school).

Looking foreward to getting to know you all! I think I'll go join the Thanksgiving challenge!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:20 PM   #2  
laura

S/C/G: Currently 16 stone (fat)

Height: 5'4 (short)

Hello u,
Welcome to 3FC.
Im Laura and I'm in London. I been married 9 years in Oct and have a 7 yr old son Harrison. I'm 5'4 and currently at 224. You will love it here, its like a worldwide big brother house with all sorts of housemates with all different stories. I dont do gym its a swear word to me lol. I'm doing my own calorie/fat counting thing and I'm not going to punish or deprive myself although I am going to be fairly disciplined if that makes sense? Look forward to chatting to u again and good luck on your journey.
xxxxx
fat-faery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #3  
stbakd

hi michelle we could use help in diebetic thread. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

HI Michelle... so glad you came out of lurksville! It's much more fun actually "playing" in the forum.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote