Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #1  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Red face Hello I am new and wanted to intro myself

My name is Beth, I am from Florida and need to lose at least 20 for now but in total about 40, but starting with a goal I think and hope I can get too. I work full time and find myself snacking while I am at my desk. I am a vegan and find it real hard to eat good healthy food without the calories. I also need to start excersing more.

If anyone can help me that would be great
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Hi Beth
Start by taking everything off your desk....I have to keep the food off my desk too....lol I have a little store in my office and I have to make sure its all good for me and OFF my desk....
Do you have a fitday acc if not www.fitday.com Good luck and post as much as you can!!!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #3  
Beth

YEs, i have a store to in my desk, I work and normaly do not get a chance to leave and feel like I need to munch on stuff. I guess I need to bring good stuff to munch on first. Do you do anything at work as excersie.

I am still tyring to find myself around this site. So no I have not done the fit thing but will sign up and look at it right now.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #4  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't keep *anything* at work or home that will contribute to snacking. If I have granola bars around or peanut butter or crackers or cookies I know I'll eat them so I just don't keep them anymore. At work I have soup, vegetables(in the fridge), my protein shake mix, and my equal(0 calorie sweetener) for my coffee. At home I don't keep any of the above mentioned items and the only non-dinner snack items I have there are no-sugar/no-fat pudding, or protein pudding. I find I am less likely to binge on individually packed pudding containers. Maybe focus on more protein azul? It will keep you filled through the day longer. I don't know if protein shakes are vegan, but maybe that is something you should look into. Also try keeping lots of beans and brown rice around. If you are hungry have some, but chances are if it is just mindless snacking you won't feel like making it. Good luck with it.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #5  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I think I posted same time as you...can you leave your desk at all? To go for a walk? If you can't maybe try to stand up and walk around your desk at least. You need to get out of the habit of constant snacking. Start splitting your day into 5-6 meals every 2-3 hours. Your body will know when that next snack or meal is and there is no need for you to be eating anything inbetween, just drink your water!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #6  
Working on Hot!

I walk(when its not raining...like today grrrr) 2 miles a day at lunch. I eat my good stuff and then walk. I have a tread mill and some weights at home. There is no health club near me so I have all of it at home.....
Old 03-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #7  
Working on Hot!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78515

Try this thread....We take it one day at a time. I like it. I only think about the day
Old 03-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #8  
Beth

Okay wow, what a great site fitday. Thank you so much. I hope it will help seeing where my progress or degress is going. It said I have to losse 1.5 pounds a week to get to my goal. I really hope I can do it.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #9  
Working on Hot!

You can and if you need to just talk or anything just pm me.....I am forever on this site...lol
Old 03-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #10  
Beth

wow you guys are great. I already have some many new ideas. Okay tonight when I leave the office, since it is friday I am getting rid of everything and throwing it away in the trash. Second I will try and map out my week plan with work and figure out time to eat and maybe get a 20 min walk in at work. It is real hard, since I am mostly the only one here. I do try and turn the radio on and do squats but I can not do those to long. I am very limited in what I will eat as for food, no meat(nothing with a face including eggs) no cheese unless it is soy but I do drink milk. Brown rice sounds pretty good. Soups are hard since the stock is made by beef or chicken. I do like my cabbage soup that I make but you do get tired of that and try and stay away from the store vegan vegit soup as the sodium is a killer I did give up sodas about 1.5 years ago and drink the flavored water instead. I got an mp3 player and trying to find up beat music to put in it.

As for the home life. It is hard to get rid of all of the bad stuff. It seems like I am the only one always trying to lose weight. I do buy fruit and leave it out and find myself snacking on that.

Sorry I know this is way to long but wanted to let you guys know a little more about myself and also wanted to let you know how true I am to losing weight but need the help and it really sounds like I found the help I have finally needed.

Keep the suggestions coming.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #11  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Hi Azul - and welcome! I agree with just not having unhealthy stuff around - if it's not there, you can't eat it! As for being the only one at home trying to lose weight, I found that it's really important to tell the people around you what you're trying to do. I avoided this for a long time, since I figured I'd be embarrased if I failed and everyone else knew, too... which I did many times! The thing is, letting the people around you know what you're doing, and know how important it is to you, can give you a really good support group. You can tell your co-workers, and maybe you'll find people at work who'd like to start a lunch-time walking group. And by telling your family, hopefully they'll stop bringing junk food into the house and by giving you encouragement. This is the first time I've successfully lost any weight and having my friends and family there to support and encourage me has been a HUGE help. Good luck, and hope to see more of you here!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #12  
Beth

sierra ttw, thank you for the information. But when I tell my DH about trying to lose weight it always seems to back fire and I find myself eating the bad food when he is not around because he will make a rude commnent like oh you are eating that and then that just makes me a closet eater. I hope you know what I mean when I say that. I am the only one here at work besides my boss but he is not around much, which is a good thing. so finding a group is really hard. But I have you guys are my group and I beleive that will be the biggest help.

Any ideas for healthy food to keep here at the office
Old 03-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #13  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

I do know what you mean about being a closet-eater - I've done it myself. I guess the only advice I can give there is that it was really important for me to realize that when you "cheat" on a diet, the only person you're cheating is yourself. My favourite healthy snack food (vegan-friendly) is ReBar - it's a snack bar made entirely of fruits and veggies (8 servings of fruits and veg in one bar) - fills you up and is great for energy. I also like high-protien food for snacks. I like marinating slices of tofu in Braggs or soy sauce, rolling them in sesame seeds, and the baking them for about 20 min at 325 (I'm a big tofu fan). Otherwise i just always make sure I carry lots of precut veggies and pieces of fruit with me. I hope this helps, and I hope we can give you the support you need!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #14  
Working on Hot!

WATER lots of water...
Old 03-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #15  
Beth

what kind of proeten drinks is everyone talking about. I have this weekend to get what I need together. plus i now have the magic bullet so I can do these drinks.