Old 01-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #1  

Default Well I ordered the book!

I ordered the Sonoma Diet book from walmart.com and probably will get it in a few days. I will read it thoroughly and give it a try. I was wondering. Can you have soups on this diet? I love soup for lunch. Good hearty soups like bean soup or split pea. I know crackers are probably out right? What about cornbread? Im just wondering about these foods. Well just wanted to say I ordered the book and will try the diet as soon as I get the book and get the food list and the plates and bowls I need. Will let you know how I do...barb
wv_lady_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #2  

Yes you can have soup. There are several posted in the recipe forum here. Cornbread sometimes can have quite a bit of sugar in it, which you specifically need to stay away from during Wave 1 and use sparlingly thereafter. Whole grains are what you need to concentrate on, so if you can find whole grain crackers you can have these, but remember.. it is still a cracker. I don't know about you, but I can nosh well over one serving of crackers if I am not careful. Measure out a portion of crackers (whatever the box states) and put the rest away.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #3  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

You bet you can have soups on this program! The book has a few recipies for soups, but just about any soup will do as long as it's components are sonoma friendly (brothy soups with lean meats-beans are excellent!- and tier 1 or tier 2 veggies-depending on your wave) I would even say you can have your crackers as long as they are whole-grain with at least 2 grams of fiber. They would count as your grain for the meal!

good luck barb!
tearjerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #4  

Hey this is great news. Thanks so much for your input. I don't over do on crackers and can be satisfied with only a few, but I have been using the reg. saltines and will have to look for some good whole grain crackers. Do you all have any brand name suggestions or will that be in the book? barb
wv_lady_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #5  
Cat Wrangler

Kashi makes some good whole-grain crackers. I like the TLC Original 7 Grain flavor, and they have 2 grams of fiber per serving.

For cornbread, to be on-plan you'd have to use whole wheat flour, and if WV is anything like GA and NC, you wouldn't dare to put sugar in it anyway. ;-)
terravita is offline   Reply With Quote