Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:41 PM   #1  
Spandex Kisses

Smile Looking for a Buddy

My name is Charmaine and I am new to the forum. I am looking for a buddy that I could exchange tips with, someone that I can talk to during those times when I know I can't have that chocolate cake, but I want to indulge in it anyways. You dont have to be avaiable 24/7 just someone I can email back and forth who may have be better at this weight loss thing than me. I am 20 and want to lose 50-60 lbs in the next year. I already lose 7 so I have 53 more to go. Anyone interested, feel free to contact me.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:10 PM   #2  

hey hey! we're the same age, live fairly close, and have the same goals! give or take a few pounds....i'm online all the time so i'd be available whenever you need to talk!

let me know if you're interested
Old 10-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #3  

Hey Charmaine,
I'm new too. Just starting out on a goal of 50 lbs. I'm working at it 10 at a time. I completely understand about having someone to keep you on track. I need that too. I always have trouble continuing after about 2 weeks into the lifestyle change. I'm looking for someone who will share my triumph when I say, "I've turned down the chocolate in the office dish three days in a row now." It's a tough journey for me. I think the main reason why I've failed in the past was not having a support group. I hate it when people say "if you really wanted to do it, you could." I think that's hogwash! Of course I really want to do it, we all do. We just need some help getting there!
Old 10-06-2005, 12:03 PM   #4  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Welcome to the Newbies,

You need to take it one step at a time and remember there might be set backs but you just have to get back up and put it behind you. I'm 34 and that's one thing I know. You can't dwell on the past otherwise you won't get very far into the future. Take it one day at a time and remember we all are striving to be fit, healthier and thinner then we are now. You all sound like you know what you want. Start out slow and work your way up to the exercising. And remember to talk to your buddies. It makes all the difference in the world. You go girls. Strive to be your best because you deserve it.
Closed Thread