WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 09:08 AM   #1  
Teacher Lady

Exclamation

I am at work and need some help in calculating the points for these delicious muffins!

Calories: 190
Fat: 2 Grams
Fibre: 1/2 Gram

Thank you very much in advance!
Old 05-30-2001, 09:57 AM   #2  
imaleader

they are four points. why don't you get a spare points finder from your meeting room and keep it at your desk? Lots of us do that, and it saves us from the "excuses" of under/over estimating! enjoy.

Old 05-30-2001, 10:00 AM   #3  
Teacher Lady

Thank you very much!

I'd love to have an extra but my WW centre isn't great about giving out extras.........I watched them give another lady a hassle one morning when she asked for a second, so I have been hesitant to ask.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:04 AM   #4  
imaleader

Don't be hesitant. They cost the company about 3 cents per 100 to print -- you pay a weekly fee -- you should be able to get as many as you want. If they hassle you, let me know, and I'll mail you 10. (I'm a leader in NYC.) Smile!

Old 05-30-2001, 10:16 AM   #5  

Don't feel embarrasssed about asking. They are collecting plenty of money from you, and WW can certainly afford an extra piece of cardboard. They probably don't want to give out anything extra because they think you might give it to someone who is not a WW, but I would ask for another one anyway. You can even say you lost yours.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:22 AM   #6  
Teacher Lady

Thanks very much!
I appreciate your advice.
Old 05-30-2001, 01:46 PM   #7  

At my center they charge $5 if you want another points finder!!!!
Old 05-30-2001, 01:53 PM   #8  
Is is spring yet??

WOW! All I did was say "I lost my pointsfinder - can I have another one" - and I got it. They SHOULD comply - you do pay a weeky fee for god sakes. If they wanted to charge me - I would call and ask if that is right. Just my opinion.

Tara
Old 05-30-2001, 02:24 PM   #9  
imaleader

Default TO DEBBIE160

Deb: You must be at one of the mid-west, south, or western franchises. If I were you I'd call the 800 number and COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN! That is incredibly unfair and a totally obnoxious policy. There is almost no inventory control on that item -- And the fact is, they make extras for that very purpose. call 800-651-6000 and let them know. R U D E!!! Report that! Good Luck.

Old 05-30-2001, 07:47 PM   #10  

imaleader....you are right, I am in TX. maybe i will give them a call and complain!
Old 05-30-2001, 08:10 PM   #11  

I'm in Ohio and had the same problem. Must be a midwest thing because when I lived in NJ and worked for WW we'd give anything to anyone who asked!! Here I paid $2.00 for my extra
Old 05-30-2001, 11:59 PM   #12  

I'm in Indiana and I too had to pay $2.00 for an extra one. The thing that threw me was when the winning points point finder came out, my leader said they were advised to throw away the old ones! She handed them out if people promised to black out the fiber over 4! I was sure to pick up an extra one then! Now I think the new ones are $5.00

Karen
Old 05-31-2001, 06:33 PM   #13  
CIN

Very interesting reading ladies.here in Kentucky.we don't give out more than one and DO NOT sell extra point finders...........isn't it interesting how we vary from state to state??

Please keep in mind that WW owns the proprietary formula for figuring points. Weight Watchers is a business and many want extra's for their friends and family too..all they have to do is join and drop out and they have the Week One book and pointsfinder.......of course statistics prove WWers is successful due to not only the program but the group support and accountability!

If a mbr tells us they have lost one we give them another.we don't make them take a lie detector test or anything! Ha! However we do not sell them.

Just thought I would pass this along.
WWCIN
Old 06-01-2001, 01:13 PM   #14  
LM

FYI, here in Central New Jersey they charge $3 for any piece of extra material, pointsfinder, week 1 book (with the points list, etc.) Isn't that terrible? I've paid over $1,000 to WW so far and I can't get an extra pointsfinder once in 19 months. That's why I love knowing the formula:

calories/50 + fat grams/12 - fiber grams/5 = points

(max number of fiber grams should be 4)
Old 06-01-2001, 01:33 PM   #15  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default W/W owns the formula but it is public knowledge...

under the Freedom of Information Act.

take the calories divided by 50 + fat grams divided by 12 - fiber grams (capped at 4 grams for Winning Points) divided by 5 = points (round up or down)

Example 120 calories divided by 50 = 2.40
3 fat grams divided by 12 = 0.25
4 fiber grams divided by 5 = 0.80

2.40 + 0.25 - 0.80 = 1.85 points ~ 2 points
Closed Thread