Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #1  
Meg

Default Easter Weekend - What's Your Strategy?

Yikes!! It's that time of year - Cadbury eggs, marshmallow Peeps, chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, Reese's PB eggs ...

What's your plan? How are you going to deal with the all the temptation this year?

How about we all think of a plan and post about it? Maybe we can share some ideas and stategies?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #2  
Mel

I think I'll just have chocolate for 2 days straight and be so bloated I won't want it again for a year

Do you see any flaws in that plan?

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #3  
Meg

Won't work. Been there, done that, still looooove chocolate. Sorry - you're gonna need a new plan.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:38 PM   #4  
Mel

Now you tell me! I'm most of the way through day 1

Mel
Old 03-25-2005, 05:40 PM   #5  
Meg

And Day 1 is always the hardest day, isn't it?

Hmmm ... don't they always say that you've got to stick to a plan once you've started it?? Guess you're OK then!
Old 03-25-2005, 06:03 PM   #6  
Mel

I really hate to quit on anything once I've made a commitment (but I'm feeling kind of sick )

Mel
Old 03-25-2005, 08:25 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Mel, I love your plan. Sounds like the plan I've been on lately.

I'm by myself this weekend, DH gets back Sunday night. I'm spending the weekend shopping for maternity clothes (!), and trying to get some walking and an easy swim in, maybe choke down a veggie or two--it is getting easier now. I've never made a big deal of an Easter celebration foodwise (once I grew out of Easter baskets anyway), so I don't anticipate any problems. Of course, I thought that about Thanksgiving too.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:53 PM   #8  

Mel I had just taken a sip of soda when I read your first post and had to take the time to wipe it off my monitor before I could finish reading this thread. You guys are nuts.

I bought one piece of candy for DH, DD, MIL and Aunt (MIL & Aunt are in a nursing home so they will leave the premises before they are even opened.) I figured one piece for each would make me feel guilty if I try to sneak any BLTs. I've always made baskets for everyone even as adults but this year I finally figured out that I was making the baskets so I could eat the left overs myself. What helped as much as anything was to go shopping right after my UBWO, my arms were still quivering so it made it really hard to pick up the candy and put it in my basket, well at least it reminded me what it was going to take to work those chocolate back off.

Dinner is simple, a ham, mashed potatoes, green salad and I haven't decided on a veggie yet. They can eat their rabbits for dessert.

The holiday focuses more on the church service and getting over to visit my in-laws rather then eating so it should be a nice, controlable day.

Happy Easter,
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #9  
Mel

Default Chocolate Aversion Therapy or Supersize Mel

Just in from the forefront of cutting edge diet experimentation: The All-Chocolate Day Diet doesn't work too well. On the upside, I really don't want any more chocolate One the downside, ONE day was enough to add 4 pounds to the scale, and I felt pretty awful for two days. I actually cheated and ate two healthy meals before I started my chocolate experiment.

Again on the upside, one day of 5 healthy meals, 1200 calories and no starchy carbs got rid of the 4 pounds. I'm going to do this for another day or two before I start adding back the oatmeal and sweet taters.

I don't recommend this as a holiday strategy but I sure have no inclination to take advantage of post-Easter candy sales!

Mel
Old 03-27-2005, 11:30 AM   #10  
Meg

Supersize Mel!

Welcome back to the world of clean eating. I took a little detour yesterday myself and ended up feeling like crap. Clean eats planned for today and I'm off to the gym for legs and cardio (it's open until 4:00 PM). I'm still planning on the lamb dinner for my guys but will definitely take a pass on it myself.

Happy Easter, everyone! Ditto on avoiding the half-price Easter candy sales ... in reality, they've got a much bigger price tag on it than we realize. Just think, you can save $1.50 on a bag of Easter candy and gain three pounds. What a bargain, eh??
Old 03-27-2005, 06:11 PM   #11  
Uber-Moderator!!

MEG!!! Shoot are you KIDDING me? My mom stopped the Easter baskets once we were 11 or 12...

I gotta say that Jim and I win for 'low key Easter'. My sister decided not to 'do' Easter this year - they were invited to spend it at a friend's house. We just came back from having a late lunch - I had a burger with lots of iced tea. No chocolate, not even See's in our house!!

Actually the REAL Easter challenge begins tomorrow at work, when everyone brings in their 'leftover candy' and other goodies and leaves them around like booby traps!!!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:22 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

My challenge as mentionned on another thread, was the chocolate eggs I was eating at work ... But hey I'm not at work anymore and the last 2 days have been exceptionally good!! And I feel good too, I know what you mean Mel when you say you feel like crap after eating those chocoltes...

Tonite's meal wasn't perfect though, but it was only one meal and I was on track the rest of the day and yesterday... I also ran 10k this morning which felt really awesome, it's almost shorts weather!! I could barely pull my gym pants off they were so wet when I came back from my run... Yesterday I worked chest and tris at the gym and did some biking cardio ....

I too, have stopped the Easter egg hunts this year, I didn't even decorate the house, it just makes things look messier than what they are anyways ... We were at Cosco this week and DD bought a Toblerone which she hid (at my request) in the basement, and DS bought a chocolate animal and hid it there too....So I'm good .... till the next bump in the road anyways...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote