Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #1  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

Talking Finally Taking the Plunge :)

Hey guys! My name is Jenn and I first stumbled upon 3fc in late September. It was at that time (Sept. 22 to be exact!) that I FINALLY decided to do something about my weight, which was/is a major source of my depression and low self-esteem. At that point, I weighed 182 lbs (after managing to lose 5 lbs in a month, so I actually started at 187) and am 5'6" tall. Since September, I have fallen down A LOT but I have also always managed to dust myself off and get right back on the horse. Sometimes it took a few days, sometimes it took a week to get back on track, but I didn't cave in to failure, whereas in the past I have given up before I even tried. This time, I learned from my mistakes and kept right on going. I have lost 25 lbs so far (my current weight is 162.4 lbs) and look and feel a whole LOT better, but I have been consuming more than twice my daily calories since Tuesday. I just had dinner, which was very sensible and healthy, and I am ready to get back on the horse! To that end, I'll have an apple for dessert and finish drinking my remaining 32 oz. of water for the day. I'm also going on a walk w/ my little sister in an hour. We'll walk to, from and around our park (about 60 minutes, or 4 miles total).

My goal is 117 lbs, which will be a 60 lb weight loss. My goal date is late October/November 1, 2005. I want to have lean, toned muscles. I just have a really strong desire to finally become healthy. I want to lose this extra weight I've been carrying around for 14 years and finally meet the true Jennifer - the one I knew was there all along, but the rest of the world couldn't see. I am ready to lose the weight and be THIN FOR LIFE!

Oh, my plan so far has been to eat 1300-1400 calories daily and exercise (primarily cardio for now in the form of walking) for between 45 - 90 minutes 6 days/week. I am making a lifestyle change, which means FOREVER, so my goal is to get a grip on my binges. I feel like crapola after a binge and I never want to abuse my body and mind like that anymore. At least now I binge on semi-healthy foods like Kashi trans-fat free Honey Sesame Crackers and apples b/c we don't have that many unhealthy foods in the house anymore. My mini-goal is to get to Easter (3/27) totally on plan and without any binging. After that I'll make another mini-goal. In addition, by joining this site I'll be more accountable for what I put in my mouth and for exercising, which is what I desperately need right now.

Anyone wanna be my buddy? I tend to talk a lot, but if you can put up w/ that, I think we'll get along really well! I promise to be super supportive and encouraging! We can ALL do this!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Sounds like you definitely have the motivation and determination to lose weight but your goal weight seems a little low. Since I don't know you or your body frame, I can't judge but maybe setting one particular number like that could be a downfall. I am 5'8'' and know that anything under 140 is very unrealistic for me--I'd be a skeleton! Good luck in your efforts and be healthy! Liz
Old 02-18-2005, 10:58 AM   #3  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

Smile Hey Liz!

Liz, thanks for the advice and encouragement! I really appreciate it. After a shaky morning, I'm back in control of my eating - finally! In fact, after I get off of here in 15 minutes I'm going to get ready to go for a 90-minute, 5-mile walk.

In other news, Friday is my weigh-in day, so even though I KNEW I had gained b/c of the poor food choices I've made since Tuesday , I had to get on the scale b/c I didn't want to be in denial about what I'd done to my body and I wanted to be able to get back on track and move forward again on my weight loss journey. So...I was at 167.4 this morning, which is a 5 lb gain from last week. BUT most of it is most likely water weight, so I'm confident I can be back down to 162 by next Friday, if not 161. I wanted to see 159.9 by the end of this month, but even if I don't, I know it'll only be a few more weeks at most before I FINALLY say good-bye to the 160's forever. I can't remember EVER weighing 150-anything (I didn't own a scale until last year), so this is exciting for me!

As far as my goal weight goes, although I do have a number in my head, I plan on playing it by ear. If I'm happy w/ the way I look and feel at 130, I'll stop the weight loss there and focus on maintenance. If I get to 130 and feel like I still have some work to do, I'll lose 10 more lbs. I'm actually not as concerned about weight as I am about how I look and my measurements/clothing size. Don't worry, though, my mom won't let me become a skeleton! My goal is to be healthy, lean and toned.

Thanks for caring! I don't have anybody except my mom to talk to about weight loss (we're losing weight together) so it is nice to hear from you!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:15 AM   #4  
What we think, we become.

Hi Jenn,

Congratulations on your loss so far!!!! I know what you are talking about not having a lot of people to talk to about weight loss. I have no one except the chicks here. And I would love to be your buddy. You would have to put up with me talking a lot to though . Some ladys here on the newbie section are trying to put together a new group of newbies to support each other. If you would like maybe you could join us. Everyone seems very nice.

Take Care! Hope to see you around here.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:15 AM   #5  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Talking

Good morning Jenn!

You sound really upbeat about this whole thing and that is great! I also think it is great you are doing this with your mom. When I started this journey a year ago, I joined Curves with my mom. I lost 43# by August and I was feeling great. Then I moved and started getting these awful headaches that kept me from doing much of anything besides feeling bad for myself and eatting. By the end of December when I finally had things in check and started going strong again I had gained back 25# Now I have lost 12 of the pounds I gained back and trying to stay really dedicated to myself so I can get down closer to my goal before my wedding I am having the same problem you are though... occasional binges... It is awful getting on the scale after having one and know it is going to show up in that number you see.

Anywho, I just thought I'd introduce myself and see if you wanted a buddy still... Maybe we can help each other stay away from binging altogether or figure what sets us off and causes us to binge.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:32 PM   #6  

hi just wanted to reply to your buddy request and I can totally understand the binges .......thats my biggest problems .........although I have not been letting myself buy the foods that I tend to binge on the most because if they are hear I WILL do it ....and start with the usual " I can eat this today and start again tomorrow " routine . I keep raiding my kitchen and looking for my usual favs and when I dont find them I get a big glass of water or tea and come sit here and type for a while ...kind of a pathetic stategy but hey whatever works right .........
Closed Thread