Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #1  

Smile Have 60+ to lose

Hi, I am new to the group, am 46 years old, have 60+ pounds that I have been struggling to lose for years and years and to date haven't found the right way to do it that I can stick with. I work full time at a vet clinic, clean a bank on a daily basis, and on Sundays help a family whose wife/mother is suffering with Huntington's disease plus have 4 children in the military, 2 are in Iraq! I would really like a buddy that I can email and who will email me, and also help keep me inspired and on track! My husband isn't a good source of support, he claims he would like for me to lose weight, but he won't help me with support or encouragement. Of course he thinks that I should lose the weight for him!!! Wrong answer buddy. Anyway, I have a 12 year old son that I would like to get healthy and stay healthy for so that I will be able to do things with him. And also there is a history of high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol in my family that I need to be getting healthier for to prevent what I can! I hope to get someone who is in similar situation or not, just someone to email often and someone to be there for me and me for them. Thank you so much. Take care, Lori
Old 01-29-2005, 08:45 PM   #2  

Hey Lori,
I work full time too, isn't it a pain to try to do any dieting (eating healthy), keep the house together and feed the family something they'll eat! You sound very busy. I have 2 sons and a DH who doesn't seem to care anymore one way or another if I lose weight. He gave up, the more he yacked the heavier I got! Always a rebel!!! PM me and I'll be happy to chat via email or here if you like!! Always good support here too!!!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 03:32 PM   #3  

Hi Lori!
Am new here today, read your post and decided that we have a lot in common. I am a bit past 46, as a matter of fact, I am looking at 50 from a really close point of view!! I too, need to lose 60+. I have a 15 yr old that I would like to be able to keep up with--I seem to have misplaced my stamina...
I lost 60+ while in college and kept it off until about 8 yrs ago when I married a wonderful man with a really cute 7 yr old little guy (okay, the son is now 15 and has lost the "cute, little", but still really a neat kid). Mr. Wonderful loves all the fattening foods, and here I am with all this blubber back on, the boobs are back in DD territory--and I now refuse to buy bras any larger--its gotta go!
Would love to chat for encouragement along the way, but I am new here and may never find my way back here--be patient with me! (Don't have a clue how all these "threads' and things work!
Jo
Old 01-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #4  

Thumbs up

HELLO LORI AND IMATIS! I AM NOT NEW TO 3FC. I HAVENT'T VISTIED THIS SITE IN ABOUT MAYBE SAY THREE YRS. BUT I CAN TELL U IT REALLY HELPED MOTIVATE ME INTO LOSING WEIGHT.... AND KEEPING IT OFF FOR AWHILE ANYWAY.... I RECENTLY POSTED MY STORY ON ANOTHER BUDDY THREAD I THINK WAS CALLED BUDDY #2 IF U WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT.

I AM 48 YRS OLD I HAVE THREE CHILDREN TWO FROM DH 1ST MARRIAGE AND ONE SON OF MY OWN... HE'S ALMOST 13.... I ALSO WORK FULL TIME A SWING SHIFT TO BOOT.... AND NOW AFTER ABOUT ALMOST 3 YRS OF KEEPING MY WEIGHT DOWN... I WAS UP TO ABOUT 178 LBS... ON MY 5FT 3 IN FRAME AT ONE POINT.... WITH THE HELP OF WEIGHT WATCHERS AND SOUTH BEACH AND VERY DISCIPLINED EXERCISING 4-6 TIMES I WEEK I MANAGED TO GET DOWN TO ABOUT 145 LBS. MY GOAL WAS TO BE 135-140 LBS. RECENTLY I HAVE NOTICED THAT I HAVE GAINED ABOUT ALMOST 1/2 OF THE WEIGHT THAT I ORIGINALLY HAD LOST... U KNOW IT DOENS'T TAKE LONG WELL I AM COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL WITH MY EATING I KNOW THAT AND HAVEN'T BEEN EXERCISING LIKE I NORMALLY DO.... WITH MY SWING SHIFT SCHEDULE, JUGGLING FAMILY, SOMETIMES IT MAKES IT TOUGH! ESPECIALLY TO GET BACK ON TRACK... I AM SURE U KNOW WHAT I MEAN.... I NOW NEED A BUDDY OR SOME BUDDIES TO GIVE ME A SWIFT KICK IN THE ***... I THOUGHT ABOUT GOING BACK TO WEIGHT WATCHERS AGAIN... IT REALLY WORKS... BUT I HATE THE COUNTING COUNTING COUNTING HAVE TRIED SOUTH BEACH IT WAS OK... BUT I THINK I PREFERRED WEIGHT WATCHERS THEY HAVE A NEW PLAN CALLED THE CORE PLAN BUT U KNOW I HATE TO HAVE TO PAY THE 12 DOLLARS A WEEK EVERY WEEK... BUT I THINK IT MIGHT BE WORTH IT... I ALSO PURCHASED THE LA WEIGHT LOSS DIET FROM EBAY... LOOKS LIKE A GOOD PROGRAM... BUT THERE ARE DIFFERENT PLANS TO GO BUY AND IT SEEMS A BIT CONFUSING.... BUT I MUST REALLY GET BACK TO A GYM... I JOINED A GYM CALLED LADIES WORKOUT EXPRESS.... IT COMBINES WEIGHT TRAINING AND CARDIO AND IS LOTS OF FUN... THAT U DO WITH MUSIC... IT TAKES ABOUT 1/2 HR A DAY 30 MINS BUT SOMETIMES I STAY LONGER PRIOR TO THAT I WAS DOING LESLIE SANSONE TAPES AND DENISE AUSTIN TAPES AT HOME WHICH I HIGHLY RECCOMEND.... I AM DESPERATE NOW... BECAUSE I FEEL I AM REALLY GETTING OUT OF CONTROL..... I AM HERE FOR U FOR SUPPORT. U CAN EMAIL ME OR PRIVATE MESSAGE. THANX FOR LISTENING DONNA
Old 01-30-2005, 03:45 PM   #5  

I Forgot To Mention That I Am Looking To Lose About 25-30lbs Would Like To Get To About 135. So I Am Right Along With U Guys.

Donna
Old 02-01-2005, 03:23 AM   #6  

Hi Lori!!! I am Kathy and I need a buddy too. I am 51, 58 lbs overweight, married, 2 kids (married) and 1 new grandson!!!. My youngest daughter is in the Air Force and will be going to Korea in July. I am very happy about that. I can not believe you have 2 sons in Iraq. Are you ok? I think if Jen was there, I would eat myself out of house and home because of stress.

I probable wouldn't be doing WW now if I hadn't finally gone to the Dr for a check up. I am pre destened to diabetes. My pa said if i got the weight down, I could prevent it. Believe you me...that is what I am going to do. Get the weight down and get my sugars where they are supposeto be. It was like a wake up call. I am real baby about needles and I know what it is like to prick a finger. (I am a quilter so I get pricked some times) You have to prick your finger like 4 times a day to check blood sugar. No way Jose. Not going to do. i Will lose the weight!!!

I wanted to say I enjoyed all of the post's here and it would be nice if we can all do this tog. So if you want to email me..please do.

Kathy
Closed Thread