Old 12-10-2004, 07:59 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Friday Chat, December 10th

Good Morning, HAPPY FRIDAY !!!

I'm sneaking a quick peek

Everyone is doing fine I hope, I will read up tomorrow.

LOVE YOU ALL !!!

BTW.......I met the deadline here at work, yesterday... GOD IS GOOD !!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:06 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Congrats on meeting your deadline! I'm glad I don't have pressures like that though!!

Well, today is youngest DD's Christmas concert. We have to stop at the store first and see if we can find her a sweater to wear over her dress. And of course, wouldn't you know, the size I bought is ok..but a LITTLE short Good thing she has the figure for it Then we have to go to the hospital where DH's Grandmother is---she had a stroke. Then we have to go to another store to finish up a couple more Christmas presents then the only one left will be DH and myself. We also have to go and visit the couple that own the land where DH hunts. We do that ever year They're nice people (the guy used to be DH's doctor years ago). So that's how my day is going to go. As DH says....why do bad things always happen around the holiday?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:09 AM   #3  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Wink Quick Hello

Just dropping in before I go to work to say a quick hello & good morning. Wishing you all a great OP day today.

I will be back later to read the posts.
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:12 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Dawn:

Roxy, instead of trying to deprive yourself of treats. If you're getting tempted to kill your kids for their treats, try the LC ones. Zcarb bars (info on this was nicely provided by Star originally) are fantastic. Remember the sugar alcohol thing though!!! Be prepared that it might stall weight loss. But I looked at it this way when I went through TOM and cravings...it's either low carb snacks or I'm going the full sugar route. So I thanked everyone for their ideas and happily munched on the LC bars. Oh...might try the LC Chocolate with the heavy cream whipped. THAT is YUMMY!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:39 AM   #5  

Good morning.

Day 2 back OP done and gone....day 3 begins. Weighed myself this morning and guess what? I WEIGH WHAT MY SIGGIE SAYS I DO! Well if that don't beat all! Down 3 pounds in the last couple days. Good for me

Leenie: Hope all is well with you.

Brenda: Sorry about DH grandmother....strokes are awful. My grandfather had one......very sad. Hope DD's concert goes well.....those are always so cute to watch.

Dawn: You know what I found for a snack (or breakfast) are the Quaker Q-Smart bars. I get the chocolate peanut butter one...it has 3 net grams of carbs (only 4 of those are sugar alcohol) so not too bad. And they taste yummy.

Well, going to break down and put up the tree either tonight or tomorrow....still not in a very Christmassy mood but I am getting a little better. Put up some decorations in the house last night while DH was out. Need to put up the garland around the fireplace in the master bedroom...that always looks pretty. Put up some garland etc over the kitchen cabinets...helps to put some color in a stark white kitchen! Can never get my livingroom mantle to look great....just ok.....don't you wish you could make it look like those pictures in the magazines!

Making mexican tomorrow night....that is if I can talk DH into it

Well, I should be able to check in more often today......see you later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:45 AM   #6  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good morning to all!

I have to rush for an early morning meeting, but wanted to wish everyone a good day. Still not totally OP, but am getting more mentally "in tune" with each passing day. Funny, how 6-9 months ago I couldn't even fathom eating any other way, and now I can't fathom how I ever stayed OP for so long! LOL

Good day to all, and I'll check in this weekend.
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:03 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Hello ladies!!

Feeling better this morning and that is good cause I have work then come home and we have a semi-formal Xmas party for work tonight. The kids are staying over night at SIL house so that will be fun, DH and I can spend some time together w/o kids talking!!! OMG at 3 and 5 all they do is talk, constantly like living with 2 little parrots! hahahahaha but oh well I love em' I was not OP yesterday while my tummy was being bad i don't know what I had but it is gone today, the only thing I could stomach was crackers and LC bread.

B- Sorry DH's grandma that is bad and esp. around holidays, my Dh's grandpa has had 5 strokes, it is horrible, luckily he is still pretty normal since they were small.

HI Leenie , Dawn and Sped!!!!

GREAT JOB JANE!!!! You are an inspiration !!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:18 AM   #8  

Oh I don't know about "inspiration" but I will take the wonderful compliment
Old 12-10-2004, 10:24 AM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning!

Chilly morning I already have a good fire going to warm up the house. Well I did the big weigh in, and I'm down 4 lbs. I am shrinking! Well, a bit. Nobody has noticed yet, except for me, in the clothing a smidgen.

Congratulations Jane! wtg on your loss! you are so much closer to your goal than me. It's harder then! Whoo Hooo!

Brenda- thanks for the info on the Zcarb bars. I've never tried one. Going shopping tomorrow, wonder if my store carries them. With Whipped Cream... Brenda you are my kinda gal! Where is the post the Star wrote about them? Would you know off hand?

Theo's girl- I completely agree, parrots and monkeys! Gotta love em!

Hi to Leenie,Dawn and Sped too and you others that I haven't met yet!
Have a good OP day today!
Oh and by the way, I wandered into pics threads and such. I want to tell you what an incredible group of people you all are. Working so hard! What an inspiration and realization (on my part) that maybe I too can do it! Made me kind of emotional.
BBL~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:36 AM   #10  

Oh Roxy, I was even closer to my goal a few months back but let the darn stress and emotions get the better of me and now I have to fight to get back there. The lowest I got to was 154 *sigh* Oh well...onward and downward!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #11  
a.k.a. Roxy

Brenda- So sorry to hear about Dh's grandmother. Hope so will recover and be healthy again. Sorry I forgot to mention this the first time, chocolate clouds my reasoning.

Jane- You are definitely doing good though, be proud of yourself!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Congrats on meeting the work deadline!

Brenda: I'm sorry to hear about DH's grandmother. Hope she gets better soon. Have fun at the Christmas concert.

Dawn: Hey there!

Jane: Go Jane! Go Jane! Go Jane!! You are doing great! Way to go on the loss!

Paula: I definitely know that feeling. Sometimes it just takes awhile to work your way back.

TG: Have fun at the Christmas party!

Roxy: Oh, the ZCarb bars are great. Around here, I've found them at Wal-Mart and 7-11. And, if I remember right, I think Reese's makes LC peanut butter cups with minimal sugar alcohols. I've only had one once, so I can't remember the sugar alcohol details, but I do remember it being quite tasty! Another "treat" for me is the LC yogurt or smoothies.

Well, I'm counting down the hours until we leave for Orlando this afternoon! A friend's friend works for Disney and can get up to three of us in for FREE. So, two girlfriends and I are heading out tonight! I absolutely can't wait! I've only been to Disney once in high school. I can't wait to see it all decorated for Christmas!!

I've got a Christmas party to go to on Saturday. There will be a hot tub there, so I'm kind of excited about that. It will be all close girlfriends (our group from church), so I'm not too worried about being seen in a swimming suit.

On Sunday, I'm either going to our church Christmas musical or a boat parade. I haven't decided which yet. Boy, this a busy time of year, isn't it???

Well, I have been doing great at staying OP... until last night. It wasn't the food that got me, it was the alcohol. I went out with some friends, and the guys that went with us kept buying all the girls drinks and, of course, I kept drinking them! Argh! Hopefully, I didn't do too much damage. I know I had two or three or four (???) vodkas and cranberry juice and a red tide, so I think the main issue was the cranberry juice in both of them. And, for once, I didn't stuff my face after I drank, so that was good (if there is something positive from the situation).

Hope y'all have a great, OP weekend!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 12-10-2004 at 12:52 PM.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:01 PM   #13  

Jina: how do you feel?
Old 12-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: Surprisingly good!! No hangover whatsoever. I amazed myself on that one. I think our dear Star would be quite proud!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:00 PM   #15  

Very proud!!!!!