Old 09-21-2004, 08:06 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 9/21

Well, going to be a little difficult typing today. I cut my finger washing our cheese grater. That thing is out to get me. Every time I touch it I get cut!!! Told DH to throw the evil thing out----he said "why do you think I always leave YOU wash it?" Well, the scale is back up the 2 pounds again. What's w/the yoyo? I thought the result of the chocolate torte would show up the day AFTER it happened!!! Jeez. Guess LC ice cream is out the window until I see further results. This is getting frustrating!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good Morning all. I have to get back on the bandwagon! I'm having the same issues Brenda. Only my scale keeps going up 2 pounds and not coming back down. So, time to check myself and get my eating back in order!

How is everyone? I've been in and out for a couple of weeks. I'll catch up though. I'm a quick study!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning !!

Brenda EEEEW on the finger. That gave me the willies just thinking about it.

Nothing much is new here, sosdd.

Hope you all have an OP day.......... that means NO CHOCOLATE !!!

Hugs !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:37 AM   #4  

I guess we are all having the same problem....I keep going down and up 2 pounds too!
My 2 today is from Chinese food last night! I will drink lots of water today and it will be gone soon.

Well, I forgot to tell you guys something yesterday that is bugging the beegeebers out of me. Yesterday was my anniversary as you know....well this weekend my Mom calls me to tell me we are having Christmas at one of my brothers house this year. YES, THAT'S RIGHT....CHRISTMAS DISCUSSION IN SEPTEMBER! They are going to have our family and my SIL family....who my DH barely knows. My DH and I have had this discussion before....he doesn't consider them his family and doesn't mind it when it is a birthday party, graduation etc but not on Christmas. Christmas is spent with your family....not your family and your families in-laws!
So I told Mom that we would probably not go if that is the case. She got pissy with me so I handed the phone to DH since it is his issue......he talked to her and then they hung up. Well I knew she would be pissed at me now. And I guess she is cause she never called me yesterday or even sent a card. That is what really has me upset. She always sends cards to everyone for their anniversary. I am hurt more than anything. I may have reacted a little too strongly to her Christmas thing but she just pushes all my buttons!

So now I am sad I hate playing these games with her. I would just call her and tell her but this time I actually just don't feel like it. Let her stew in her own juices as they say. I am the only one who calls her for cryin out loud so lets see how long she can last. How stupid is that! Grrrrrrrrrr She drives me crazy sometimes.

So that is my very long story...just needed to get it out.

Brenda: I know how you feel....like I said I am up and down the same 2 now for weeks. But I know it is my eating that is doing it. Funny thing is is that it doesn't bother me that much....as long as it goes down.

Lori: How are you feeling? I know after I had surgery my weight was going crazy...I think we are so caught up in getting better that weight issues just slide. Don't worry you have always done so well and will get back on the bandwagon again!

Leenie: No chocolate I promise
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:58 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies *hugs*

Brenda: OUCHIE...That's why I buy shredded cheese I also have frequent battles with my mixer. Don't let the evil scale bother you too much. A 2 lb gain is a lot easier to deal with than a 10 lb gain. Stay focused, you've been doing so well.

Lori: Good morning. I love your positive outlook.

Leenie: Morning...no chocolate here THAT week will be coming soon

Jane: I totally understand the Christmas thing. When I used to live near my in-laws we always had to have Christmas with my SIL (the golden child) and her in-laws. I prefer a quiet drama-free holiday.

Nothing new here, just enjoying the beautiful Louisiana weather and figuring out how to NOT weigh myself everyday.

Have a great day ya'll
Hugs
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:58 AM   #6  

Good Morning Everyone!

Brenda: Sorry to hear about your finger. I can not stand a cut, especially on the finger. Seems like that makes you unable to do so much! Good Luck with staying OP. You can do it! I know you can!!

Leenie: I'll try the no chocolate....but no promises here! This baby loves chocolate

Lori: Nice to see you back. I hope that you are feeling better!

Jane: Sorry to hear about the disagreement with your Mom. We always have Thanksgiving with DH's family and my family also comes. But we all live less than 5 miles apart, and my family and DH's were friends even before me and DH got together 16 years ago. Guess that makes a big difference when you've known someone forever. They all get along really well. Now Christmas is a little different. Usually on Christmas morning we all go to my brother's. All of his in-laws are there too. That makes me a little uncomfortable cause I really don't know these people very well. The last few years, I have skipped this. DH doesn't care to go, and I would rather be with him on Christmas morning than my brother's inlaws. I can relate to you there! Maybe your mom will come around soon and see the problem!

Well, nothing much new here. Just still battling this ear infection. The Dr. called me yesterday and the culture of my busted ear drum came back. It showed a different type of bacteria than they first thought it was so had to get some more meds. Hopefully this will clear it up soon! Baby is doing great though. Moving around right now as I type! I have been wearing the stretchy pants the last couple of months. Well, yesterday I put on a pair of maternity jeans....and WOW you could really tell I was pregnant. DH got a big laugh out of it. But I have gained 0 lbs so far. So must be all baby! Sure that will change soon! Well, enough rambling on...Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:01 AM   #7  

Mrs H: Good morning, we were posting at the same time Sorry about your ear infection, it must be painful. When is your due date? I hope I haven't asked that before.

Hugs
Jules
Old 09-21-2004, 09:05 AM   #8  

Good Morning Jules! Hope you enjoy the beautiful weather there today. Supposed to be nice here also. It's cooled off a little and I am so glad! Baby is due around the middle of January. My original due date was 1/12/05. Then the 1st ultrasound it showed 1/30. Well, when I had the ultrasound 2 weeks ago, it was back to 1/12! From the looks of everything she told me that the 12th was probably the more accurate date! I hope she's right...cause the sooner the better! I'm ready to hold this little girl in my arms not my belly!

Lisa
Old 09-21-2004, 09:08 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning Ladies!!

Well I was OP yesterday, I went over on the carbs was about 30 since it was the first day of TOM I could have eaten the house down!! So I figured 30 was good, need more water though I am not drinking enough. I stayed home from the gym yesterday and helped DH with some things. We put up the Moto shade we got from Costco , it is a portable car port, for the Karmann Ghia's so they are covered this winter. It is pretty cool and I grinded some more paint off the doors to get them ready for paint and cleaned out out snapping turtle's tank (which is always a chore) How did I get talked into doing all of DH's turtle chores??? I guess I was just being nice!

B- don't get frustrated and throw out that dang scale!!

Jane- Sorry about your mom, it sucks to fight with them, mom's are such guilt trippers, I guess I will have to brush up on that for my kids!! hahahahaha

Lori- Good to have you back!

OK Leenie no chocolate...well what about LC chocolate?? hahahaha
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:14 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning Jules and Lisa glad to hear you are both well! Lisa Yuck on the ear drum I hate those ear infections, when you are preg. your immune system is so taxed, I got pink eye with each pregnancy and stomach flu ( at 8 and 9 months it was the grossest thing ever!), which I never get either of those!! Weird huh??
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:14 AM   #11  

TG: Sounds like you got enough of a workout yesterday w/out going to the gym. I miss having a turtle, my DD used to have a Greek tortoise Do you find that your cravings are down during your TOM while following Atkins?

hugs
Jules
Old 09-21-2004, 09:18 AM   #12  

Jules: We are having great weather this week too....although yours is probably much warmer than mine! The fall in New England is really something to see.

Lisa: OUCH! A ruptured ear drum? When did this happen...how did I miss that? I hope it clears up soon. Glad the baby is doing well. I remember when a girlfriend of mine was pregnant and we were sitting on the couch watching a movie or something and all of a sudden I looked at her stomach and it was moving! Freakiest thing I have ever seen

Theo'sgirl: You never posted pictures of your new VW. Drink more water...it really doesn help. I drink at least 96 oz a day. I know some people do more but that is all I can do. I actually crave water sometimes now.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:30 AM   #13  

TG: Sounds like you got a workout even thought you didn't go to the gym. We have a carport here that sounds about the same. It's for DH's stuff. The boat, 4wheeler, lawn mower...stuff like that. While my vehicle has to sit out in the weather Cleaning a snapping turtle's cage sounds dangerous! Glad it wasn't me cleaning it. With my luck I would be missing a couple of fingers today Hope you have a great day!

Jane: The ruptured ear drum happened last week. Thought that it was just my sinus' draining that was causing the pain. Well, last Wed night I was in so much pain all I could do was lay around. If I even walked the movement hurt it. DH came home from work around midnight and said he was taking me to the ER. Told him I was not moving from where I was. I had a Dr appt for the next morning anyway. If finally eased up just a little where I could go to sleep. Well, when I woke up Thursday morning it was not hurting hardly at all. It was sore but no pain! When I went to Dr that morning I told her about it. She looked at it and was like OH MY GOSH!!! YOUR EAR DRUM HAS RUPTURED! She said she couldnt' believe that I could stand all that pain without going to the ER. Seems that after it ruptures, the pain is gone immediately because there is no more pressure. Just trying to clear up all the infection now. At least the pain is gone!

Lisa
Old 09-21-2004, 09:32 AM   #14  

Lisa: Does that have any lasting effects on your hearing?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:03 AM   #15  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

hey guys! i'm a newbie btw. anyway i'm so fulfilled today....coz i walked for 20 mins ... and don't know how many miles it was but it was far from my home[coz i rode the wrong bus ] But glad it happened coz I wasn't tired at all...my feet hurt after that coz i was wearing thongs. oh well. i lost 2 lbs! this is so cool...
PiXiEgAL is offline   Reply With Quote