Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:40 PM   #1  

Default London calling via Bristol

Hi There,
Came across the web site last week and have been working the courage up to drop a few lines, thanks for taking the time to have a peek .

I am soon to be 43yrs and have lived in Bristol, England for about 18 years. I am originally from Dayton, Ohio ( Go You Buckeyes ! ! !). I am married with two teenage daughters, 17 ˝ and 16 yrs old. This website is great, a person can always do with extra support. I hope to get the hang of this thread business and make new friends.

I started my “new me” plan in March , since then I have lost 12 lbs. In some ways it doesn’t sound like much. My biggest problem is letting numbers on a scale dictate how successful I have been; I became so frustrated in the beginning. There were weeks when nothing was happening. I joined a gym in April and have been going regularly three times a week, mostly muscle building stuff – hence no result on the scale front. It took me some time to realise the relationship between muscle building and just losing fat. I am now trying to do more cardio vascular stuff. Something must be happening because I am beginning to fit into clothes that were once too small. It’s not always easy trying to be rational. I have 2 more pounds to lose before I reach my first of many mini goals – a loss of 1 stone (see below). I would welcome any messages .

In the UK measurements are done in stones – 1 stone = 14 pounds
HW –252 ( 18 stone )
CW – 240 (17 stone 2 pounds)
GW – 154 (11 stone)
Old 07-14-2004, 07:01 PM   #2  

Please come to the UK forum We'd love to see you there.
Closed Thread