Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 09:03 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default MONDAY - November 3rd

Good Morning

Boss is here but I'll be back later to catch up on y'all

Hugs
Old 11-03-2003, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

I'm hoping to get some rest here at work today! I had the busiest weekend! When I picked up my youngest son last night at a friends house, he said "I wish I had another weekend just to rest" lol I said "me too ... but if we did somebody would just fill it up with something else we needed to do"

We ran into an old acquitance yesterday and she had the nerve to ask me if we were now in the "empty nest" time of our lives. Me and dear hubby just looked at each other and busted out laughing. We politely explained that our boys are now 19 and 15 and that we couldn't remember the last time we are alone for 5 minutes. LOL Oldest son had brought another new buddy home for the weekend as he is staying in the dorms and ds wanted to let him hang out with us and have some good food. LOL I guess the food was better then he gets in the dorm but I sure didn't have time for much home cooking. Anyway, we have teenagers and young adults everywhere! We like it that away but this morning I'm thinking I could use a little break.

Dr. Phil's weightloss show is on this afternoon - did everybody set their vcr?

Well the phone is ringing and people are looking for things that I should be looking for - let me get to work!

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 11-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #3  

Cathy we are at a slightly different phase in our lives but we literally put our kids to bed last night and went and locked ourselves in our room.....we haven't had a few hours to ourselves for weeks...hubby was asking me how our lives got so complicated...he must have gotten up and unlocked the door during the night because by 7 am their were two kids and a dog in bed with us!

Today I tidy up after all the halloween chaos.....I am off now until thursday. In my spare time for the next few weeks I will be studying for a trauma course I am taking.

It is -10 C and chilly this morning....snow on the ground.....the little ones are in their snow suits...it is just too darn early for winter....I am trying to suck it up but it is tough.

Anyhow no time to stay but wanted to say hello!

Bye for now!

Liz
Old 11-03-2003, 11:12 AM   #4  

Well for anybody trying to keep up....Dr. Phil's weightloss show is not on today (like it is suppose to be - every monday) but is on tomorrow. Don't know why they can't keep with the program and do the show on Monday like they have been doing. lol

cathy
Old 11-03-2003, 01:21 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi goils,

I'm just here w/the boss that was SUPOSED to leave but isn't now. the weekend was nice, weather was awesome. Had a great time taking DD trick or treating on Friday, she's a pip. Cathy I'll send you a picture as soon as I'm done here.

Gosh... its almost Thanksgiving.

You know I went out shopping to look for some T-giving decorations for outside and found nothing ????????? gee lets forget all about that day and bypass it right to Christmas.. Not a good thing so I'll look tomorrow in the stores to see if I can find something.

We went to walmart on sunday, and decided to buy one of those big blow up decorations for outside, we got the bear w/the blue sweater & hat on, the things over 6' tall, very cute and the price was cool, $39 compaired to $60 every where else I've seen them.

Okay enuf blabbing.

TTYL, hugs, leenie
Old 11-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #6  

Well, it has been day two of Roger working from home and I haven't hit him yet! It really isn't too difficult, but when he needed to borrow my phone line. I get to listen to all his jargon about milk intake sheets and stuff!

I went to the doctor this morning and my leg is all healed! I am going to keep a dressing on it for another week so as not to irritate it. No more seeing the doc every week. Yeaaaaaaaa!

Liz, I hope that you got a chance to read my post last week about raising teenage girls. Oh my, it's always something with them!

Oh I wanted to tell you all about a site that is excellent for organizing your life/home/finances it is:

www.organizedhome.com

Gotta go...time to clean the litterbox......
Old 11-03-2003, 05:39 PM   #7  

Hi everyone....it is a beautiful day today....sunny & blue sky.....but it snowed overnight....it just covers the ground....barely.
DH & I went & walked at the Multiplex this morning.

Cathy....the years go by quickly....DH & I are in the empty nest stage of our lives now.

Tippy....I am glad that your leg is healed now.

April
Old 11-03-2003, 05:52 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

hello ladies.Dropping to say hello I have been a very busy beaver!!!

HUgs
lynnie
Old 11-03-2003, 06:00 PM   #9  

Thanks Tip I added that site to my favorites and will check it out real soon.

Happy to hear that your leg is healed.

I went to the gym and worked out for one and and a half hours.

Taking dd 5 to swimming and hubby and dd11 are heading to the gym. We are done supper early....I have been trying this since fall and it works out well...makes the evening last and last. We had chili, corn, carrots and natcho chips....always a hit!

Hubby wants to go on a date tonight so I guess we will.

Bye for now!

Liz
Old 11-03-2003, 06:55 PM   #10  

Tip - Praise the Lord your leg is healed! I am so glad to hear it! You have made my day! hugs! I'm gonna check out the site as soon as I get a minute.

Lynnie - you must be busy! what ya up to? gonna post your food intake for today? or too busy?

Liz - YOU GO GIRL! an hour & a half at the gym! wow! you rock! hope you have a wonderful date tonight!

Leenie - thanks for the pic! tooooooo cute! and uhmmm why isn't your boss leaving?

April - good for you getting in the walking.

There was a report on our local news about depression tonight and they quoted a couple of studies that said that exercise can be almost as effective as meds for treating depression. Soooooooo let's all keep movin! we sure don't hear too much bad about exercise do we?

hope everybody has a good nite!

hugs,
cathy
Old 11-03-2003, 06:57 PM   #11  

Oops I forgot to say that I walked for 35 minutes during lunch today, and then just did 30 minutes of strength training when I got home. I always feel like I've accomplished something when I do the strength training bec I have to push myself to pick up the weights and get started - don't know why - but it doesn't seem to come natural to me like walking does.

Anyway - I've been good today! :-)
Closed Thread