Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-16-2021, 11:35 AM   #1  

Default Hello! this is me and these are my goals

Hi! I am new here.
My name is Sharna and here's a bit of info about me.
I live in Belgium, am a mom of a little girl, was a bit on the chubby side pre-pregnancy and have gained some weight above my full term pregnancy weight. DUring my pregnancy I was constantly hungry, and post pregnancy I was still always hungry. As I did not breastfeed (which is what a lot of moms say help you loose the babyweight), I am stuck.
TO get back to my ideal weight of 53 kilo's (116pounds), I would need to loose 24 kilo's right now (about 57 pounds).
I am about to suggest to my boyfriend that when I reach my pre-pregnancy weight, we will try for baby nr 2 (which we were going to try for by the end of this year anyway to keep a 3 year age difference between kid 1 and 2). To get to my pre-pregnancy weight I have to loose 17 kilo's (about 37 pounds)

About my diet and exercise: There is NONE.
I have ARFID, which makes dieting basically impossible. I am going to count my calories and try working out. I am jobless at the moment due to moving away from my last job. I hope to do 3 home workouts a week, as well as reaching 6000 steps a day, every day.
I also have chronic back pain, which makes heavy workouts impossible.

Is there anybody else also trying to loose the same amount of weight? Anybody willing to become friends and kind of motivate eachother?
I hope to get to my pre-pregnancy weight by november (so 9 months to loose 37 pounds) does that sound do-able? I am not sure, I have never had to lose weight before, but I am done wearing all my pregnancy clothes and done hating seeing myself in the mirror.
SharnaaES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/182/175

hi, sharnaa and welcome.

my goal was (is) to lose about 35 lbs, (i am half-way there) so we are similar in that regard.

most nutritionist-type people seem to recommend a weight loss target of around 1 lb. per week, so you are on the right path there (rapid weight loss is usually re-gained as rapidly as it came off).

i have a thread here which i update daily but nobody seems to follow individual threads other than the occasional spammer. for regular feedback and support i suggest you join one of the groups here.

good luck.
VeggieManJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:02 AM   #3  

Hello, I am going to look through the forum for groups, thanks for the tip!!
Glad to hear you are already half way there!! (how long did it take you to get to this point?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieManJoe View Post
hi, sharnaa and welcome.

my goal was (is) to lose about 35 lbs, (i am half-way there) so we are similar in that regard.

most nutritionist-type people seem to recommend a weight loss target of around 1 lb. per week, so you are on the right path there (rapid weight loss is usually re-gained as rapidly as it came off).

i have a thread here which i update daily but nobody seems to follow individual threads other than the occasional spammer. for regular feedback and support i suggest you join one of the groups here.

good luck.
SharnaaES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/182/175

hello again,
i have been at this for exactly 13 weeks and have shed about 17-19 lbs. (depends on what mood the scale is in) so, a little over target of 1 lb. per week but i'm not complaining.

i'm sure you will find a group or 2 that will welcome you with open arms. enjoy the journey.
VeggieManJoe is offline   Reply With Quote