Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-05-2020, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/286/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Hello Lovely People! Starting my Weight Loss Journey

Hello!!!

I came across this site after a long talk with my therapist about my weight loss struggles which I've been having since elementary school. In the past I've always had the best results when there was a social element involved- whether its going for a jog with a friend, or a friendly weight loss/exercise competition with colleagues. I'm at a time in my life where I don't really have other people to share my journey with though and it was starting to feel lonely and insurmountable.

I'm wanting to lose weight for immediate health reasons, but also because I need hip surgery (I was born with a defect and its finally falling apart), and in the next few years I'd like to start a family! I'm actually getting Married this Saturday!!! This last summer I actually did lose 30 pounds and was so proud of myself, but after a few weeks of stalled weight loss I lost hope and gained most of it back. This time I really want to make it less about the numbers and more about how its making me feel, because I have to say- I feel so good when I'm eating healthy and working out- it even helps reduce the pain in my hip due to less inflammation and stiffness, not to mention my anxiety.

If I'd had to guess I"m probably about 300 pounds again, but I just realized that my fitbit scale just ran out of batteries again and even though I have at least a hundred AAA batteries I have no AA!!! So I'll check in on that later. My main goal is to just get close to low 200's- and long term someday maybe to 150-160.

I look forward to participating in these forums. If anyone has any suggestions for areas or challenges please let me know as I learn the ropes around here. So glad to meet you all.
Bluesnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:20 AM   #2  

Wow. That's amazing. Good luck on your journey.
TheStrangeNacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:26 PM   #3  

Welcome and goodluck!
MeltiCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:46 PM   #4  

Hello BlueSnow, CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding. You have the perfect attitude to make this happen. I think my strongest weight loss result happened with social involvement also. I participated in the biggest loser contest at work (previous job) and won. Consider this your social group and you'll do just fine. Make sure to use encouraging and loving words in your "self talk". You'll be amazed at the results.
GladMaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:00 PM   #5  

Hi, do you also read books on weight loss?
dpodpo is offline   Reply With Quote