Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 378/378/<200

Height: 5'4"

Default New here - came looking for support and ideas

Been wanting to lose weight for awhile now, but it's easy not to do much follow up without any skin in the game. So within the last few days I decided to change that. I'm frugal enough where now I can't not do it because it would be a waste of money. The last piece I was missing was a place where I could get support and ideas from on, which is why I'm here.

I'm at an odd eager/nervous stage - I don't do change, yet I'm going to make a HUGE one and I was all alone in it. At least now I have people I can talk to on these forums about this sort of thing.
ordinarily_existing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/283/125

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome!
Shaybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:03 AM   #3  
TREEMBBS

S/C/G: 90.8

Height: 5 feet 7and a half inches

Good luck.

Did you buy a product or join a community that cost you money? That can work if you don't want to "waste" your money but can backfire if you weaken and then you not only have the feeling of "wasting" your funds but a huger sense of being weak willed as well.

But I do hope it works for you. I went on a program once where the incentive was you got your money back at the end if you lost weight (had to provide a before and after photo) That was a huge incentive and did work for me.

At the moment I am going it alone and sort of "stuck" currently
TREEMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/335/220

Height: 6 ft

Post You are not alone

I am also new. It is a huge change... as you said, but you are not alone!

We are two new ones.....

cheers
mhb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 378/378/<200

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREEMBBS View Post
Good luck.

Did you buy a product or join a community that cost you money? That can work if you don't want to "waste" your money but can backfire if you weaken and then you not only have the feeling of "wasting" your funds but a huger sense of being weak willed as well.

But I do hope it works for you. I went on a program once where the incentive was you got your money back at the end if you lost weight (had to provide a before and after photo) That was a huge incentive and did work for me.

At the moment I am going it alone and sort of "stuck" currently
I bought a scale, a yearly sub to My Fitness Pal and a 6 meal-a-week Freshly plan.

The plan so far is to do slimfast for breakfast and lunch (been using vanilla almond milk and then adding fruit to it - blackberries are on sale so been adding those and it actually tastes really good) with some snacks throughout the day and then have an actual healthy dinner. I've been stuck in the skip breakfast and lunch and then just eating a ton for dinner, or skipping breakfast getting something fast and not great for lunch (fast food) and then still being hungry for dinner. Never been a snack person so I'm trying to change that.

The hardest part so far is getting in the habit of logging everything I eat.
ordinarily_existing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 267

Height: 71

Default You can do this

I just started at 267. A person called me fat....many times, to humiliate me. I’m gonna change all that. I’m with you.
Sputnik Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #7  

I try to work on my self continuously
Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217.5/209.5/150

Height: 5'3"

I am just starting out as well. Am 8 pounds in on a journey to lose 67.5 pounds total. I am doing slimfast shakes for breakfast and lunch. Piece of fruit as a morning snack, boiled egg or some raw veggies in the afternoon and then a healthy dinner. Going to work up to doing 30 minutes of walking a day. I am really out of shape right now. So starting with just 15 minutes, every other day. I am logging everything through MyFitnessPal. Looking forward to support from this group.
mommymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:21 AM   #9  

I'm new here and these forums helps me to keep motivated to achieve my goal.
TheStrangeNacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:01 AM   #10  

Hi, I'm new here too I was 264lb and lost more than 30lb in 2 month on a diet, I'm trying to stay focus and motivated, thank you
Pat201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:24 PM   #11  

Welcome!
MeltiCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:02 AM   #12  

Default Biggest Loser Contest - WON!

Hello everyone, I'm so excited to be here. While I was in a bad marriage, I was a little sedentary and just not motivated at all. Then, one day, I was getting dressed and couldn't fit anything in my closet. A little time passed, I found myself buying bigger clothes. That was it for me. Something had to give. So, having been an athlete in high school, coaching my children through sports, and keeping fit for decades, I never thought I would be depressed enough to need a diet plan.

Fast forward to now, I won the biggest loser contest in my office. I'm happily divorced. I can guarantee that if you simply each smaller portions, more frequently during the day, you will lost weight also.

The hardest part for me was giving up my special fella, Mr. Chip Ahoy. Then there was the wine, OMG. After a few weeks of committing, FULLY COMMITTING. It got much easier. I promise, it will get easier. I suppose you're wondering why I'm here now. Well, I have a few more pounds to shed, but more importantly, I want to bring everyone I can with me on this wonderful journey.
GladMaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:55 AM   #13  

Smile More heads more ideas

Exchanging ideas, points of view or added information satisfied my curiousity.
psychexyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/235/155

Height: 5ft5

New here too! Welcome. Reaching out for support, at least for me, has always been the hardest step, but in the past made me the most successful. When I stopped seeking/giving support is when I spiraled into gaining a lot of weight.
xstasiax1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:16 PM   #15  

I am also new here
mojacarfilm is offline   Reply With Quote