Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2020, 11:53 AM   #1  
Fit by 50

S/C/G: 243/243/130

Height: 5'5"

Default 100+ to lose - Mediterranean Diet (w/point counting)

Hi, I'm not new to 3FC, but I haven't been on in a long time. I'm looking for accountability and support buddies. I have a lot of hurdles to overcome. I'm currently 243 lbs and I have a goal weight of 150, but would love to get back to 130.

I'm 42 and a mom of 2. I work 6 days a week with my husband, so finding time to work out isn't easy and the urge to snack is very prevalent as I work a desk job.

I have a myriad of medical issues (fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, PCOS, et al.) that make it hard to lose weight and am on medications that made me gain over 60 pounds. I must be on these medications, so it feels like there is no way out sometimes.

I have a fitbit that I wear constantly. My current goal is 6,000 steps. I want to increase it to 10,000 steps. Unfortunately, I tore my calf muscle a month or so ago and keep reinjuring it every time I think it's good enough to be able to do more, so it's hard to push it right now. I'd love to have a buddy in a similar place as me to compete with and support.

I struggle with body dysmorphia. As a teen/young adult I was anorexic/bulimic. As an adult part of my weight gain was forcing myself to eat because I didn't want to be "bad" again. I also had 2 emergency c-sections and because of my work schedule, I was never able to rebound. My abs are gone and have been for 15+ years. I'd like to get them back, but I don't know where to start. My biggest issue is my belly. A lot of stress weight. Cortisol. With the dysmorphia, I have a hard time gauging my actual size. I just found an app called "my model" that is helping me see myself properly.

I just started (again) using itrackbites to follow the carb conscious plan, because I know carbs are my downfall. I'm addicted to Coca Cola and am trying to switch over to tea (a combination of green, ginger, oolong, and hibiscus teas) with honey. I can't have ANY artificial sweeteners due to my fibromyalgia, so "diet" or "0 calorie" are not options. I'm also trying to follow the Mediterranean Diet. I love flavorful foods, fresh foods, vegetables, and to cook, so I'm hoping it will be a good match. I cook a lot of mediterranean foods anyway. I don't like fruit much, but I'm going to try to increase my intake of whole fruit. I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I like my chocolate in small doses... it's my salty crunchy tooth that gets me into trouble. And perhaps my love of cheese.

thanks for making it through my novella. Let me know if you might want to buddy up!
BabyMama37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100+, 40s, mediterranean, weight watchers