Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-12-2020, 03:45 AM   #1  

Default How to start excersizing from scratch

Hi there!

I am trying to lose weight and become a healthier person in general.

I would really like to be the kind of person who does a healthy amount of excersize each week... the trouble is:

a) I have no idea what a healthy amount of excersize is for someone like me or what kind of excersize to do, or how to make an exersize routine

b) I've never been that kind of person - i'm a low energy person & I find a 10 min exersize video feels like a challenge - whether that be yoga or something like rounds of squats and lunges

I have gone through bursts of trying excersize before - signed up to gyms, gone to yoga classes, did the first 2 weeks of the couch to 5k etc - but I never seem to be able to stick to anything consistently

I REALLY want to change

But I don't know how...

Can anyone offer any advice?

To be honest, i'd love it if someone could just give me a week's excersize schedule and I could just try and follow it!
restless22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Exercise is individual. We can't all handle the same thing. I say, just starting out, start slow. Sometimes if you start out with too much you get burned out and quit. If you have somewhere to walk, walk for 10 minutes. If that's ok, do 10 minutes twice a day, or 3 times a day. Increase when it feels good for you. Maybe you have the opportunity to walk on your lunch break. You might set out to do 10 minutes but then feel like going longer. Or you could put on some music and dance. Just find a way to move. It doesn't have to be formal exercise. You can do leg lifts while sitting in a chair watching tv. Or arm exercises, using cans of soup as weights. Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:47 PM   #3  

I agree you have to start slow and if you see that you can do more go.
burbigo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:01 PM   #4  

What is your eating plan? I do IF and I workout during my fasting periods. It is very effective for a weight loss but you need to do it right to stay healthy and to not give up working out. I highly recommend you read this piece as it helped me a lot when I started doing workouts - https://simple.life/blog/exercise-du...ttent-fasting/. It describes basic principles of exercise and meals before/after it.
kaym1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:38 PM   #5  

you have to start slow and careful
OGFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:39 PM   #6  

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.”
Old 10-03-2020, 01:40 PM   #7  

• “Listen to the people who love you
Old 10-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #8  

“My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the heck she is.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #9  

An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day
Old 10-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGFrancis View Post
“My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the heck she is.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #11  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by restless22 View Post
Hi there!

I am trying to lose weight and become a healthier person in general.

I would really like to be the kind of person who does a healthy amount of excersize each week... the trouble is:

a) I have no idea what a healthy amount of excersize is for someone like me or what kind of excersize to do, or how to make an exersize routine

b) I've never been that kind of person - i'm a low energy person & I find a 10 min exersize video feels like a challenge - whether that be yoga or something like rounds of squats and lunges

I have gone through bursts of trying excersize before - signed up to gyms, gone to yoga classes, did the first 2 weeks of the couch to 5k etc - but I never seem to be able to stick to anything consistently

I REALLY want to change

But I don't know how...

Can anyone offer any advice?

To be honest, i'd love it if someone could just give me a week's excersize schedule and I could just try and follow it!
Have you found something? My advice was going to be, you have to find something you like to do, otherwise it will be a flash-in-the-pan deal. Consistency is what gets results. I LOVE Pahla Bee, google her, she's on youtube.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote