Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-15-2020, 01:48 AM   #1  

Question I'm new here and not sure if I'm doing this correctly

Hi! My name is Ty. I was looking online for a weight loss support group and this website came up in my search. I have been overweight ever since I was in high school but I was at my heaviest when I gained a lot of weight during and after my two pregnancies. Last year, we had a family reunion and when I saw our photos, my heart sank. In every picture, I was unrecognizable. Also, when I went to the doctor for my check-up last October, she put me on high blood pressure medication and also told me that I was pre-diabetic. In addition, I had to get a CPAP. Even though I dreaded getting a CPAP, that was the best thing that happened to me. Ever since I started using it, I stopped falling asleep during the day when I was watching TV or just sitting quietly. I started getting more active, too and I wasn't feeling the need to snack constantly. When I began dieting right before the Christmas holidays last year, I was around 244, which was my heaviest weight. I am now around 209 pounds. I am happy about my progress but here is my problem: my husband is not very supportive. When he sees me exercise, he makes fun of me. When I eat healthy food, he always makes snide remarks. In the past when he lost weight, I was very encouraging and told him that I was proud of him. Now it seems as if he wants to see me fail. Not once has he said anything uplifting about me losing weight. I know that I should just ignore him but it's draining to be around someone who is critical and has nothing nice to say. That is why I am here. I want to surround myself with positive people who will help me. I am sorry for the long post but I wanted to give some background about my situation. Have a nice day.
ItsMeTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:01 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

This is, indeed, a good place to find supportive people. Kudos to you, Ty, for finding us.

Look around; folks post in different places.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:57 AM   #3  

Default Thank you!

Thanks so much, I am glad that I found this site. Feeling the love already!
ItsMeTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Hi! I am also on a journey again. I'm sorry to hear that your partner is not very supportive of your journey. Perhaps he feels threatened by your new appearance or perceives your desire to change as a threat to the relationship? At any rate, it's not very supportive, so I hope you don't find that discouraging and stop what you need to do for your goals and your health. Congratulations on your current success and I can only expect you to post goal pictures when you get there!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#introduction