Old 10-31-2019, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default The winds of change are blowing: November 2019 Check-in & Accountability Thread

to the November 2019 daily weigh-in/check-in, everyone! This is an open invitation to one and all to join our little neighborhood association. There are no membership dues and everyone is qualified

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

November is one of the comfort months. By this time, jackets or coats are part of our everyday wear and we seek comfort in sweaters, hot beverages and food that sustains us in different ways than our food choices in the warmer months. November also ushers in a time for family, friends and in the United States. While there is still two months to go until we reach the new year, many of us begin to reflect back and think about our year in review. What are those experiences that brought joy and belly laughs? Maybe loss and sadness? Is the plan for self-care and wellness working or is a refresh called for? The holiday season can often seem very long and overwhelming with all kinds of demands. Now is probably not the time for big change, but maybe we can consider November (and December) as a time to plan and gather some of those good ideas and suggestions to do things differently and start fresh in the new year. And let's not forget gratitude; it will be as varied as there are people.

Wishing everyone a lovely November. May the month treat you kindly

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 10-31-2019 at 12:25 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:07 AM   #2  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy thank you so so much for once again starting this monthly thread. I hope work doesn't overtake your life this month and that you will get in more miles running. Those my two wishes for you this month

So I ended October with 2 pounds lost, which is a miracle considering how inconsistent I was exercise-wise and with poor food choices too many times. My goal is to be out of the 240s by the end of this month. But I'm mostly aiming to get back to a regular routine. I decided to split up my two weeks of vacation in November (one week off next week and then another later in the month). I was supposed to take the last two weeks off but I was worried that I would feel overwhelmed coming back to work in December, rushing to catch up on everything that wasn't done while I was away. And since I'll have next week off, it's a great opportunity to get focused on myself again. And it was important to me that I start off this month right with a workout this morning.

Wishing everyone the best month this November.

1: 33 minutes lower body strength training
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #3  
Gizmo

Hope everyone is enjoying a great weekend thus far

On this, the first of 9 days of staycation, I mostly napped. I worked late yesterday trying to tie up loose ends before my time off. My body just doesn't recuperate like it used to. Because my thighs were sore from yesterday's workout and my back was sore from a kickboxing workout I had done on Wednesday, I decided to do a stretching workout today. And for the first time ever, I was able to get into a downward dog position and hold it for a few seconds. Small victory. All day long I've been craving sweets so it's a good thing there are none in the house, or else I could've eaten everything. It must have something to do with The Great Canadian Baking Show that I watched this morning. Time for a relaxing evening under blankets catching up on the dvr.

2: 33 minutes yoga/pilates/stretching workout
Old 11-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #4  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for starting this thread, Curvy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 180.2 CW: 175.6 (- 4.6) GW: 170.2

1. No Weigh In.
2. 180.2
3. No Weigh In.
4. 180 (- .2)
5. 179.4 (- .8)
6. 179 (- 1.2)
7. 178.4 (- 1.8)
8. 178 (- 2.2)
9. 178.2 (- 2)
10. 177.8 (- 2.4)
11. No Weigh In.
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In.
14. No Weigh In.
15. 177.2 (- 3)
16. 177.4 (- 2.8)
17. No Weigh In.
18. No Weigh In.
19. No Weigh In.
20. 177.2 (- 3)
21. 176.8 (- 3.4)
22. 175.6 (- 4.6) I'm half way to my GW for the month.
23. 175.6 (- 4.6)
24. No Weigh In.
25. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
26. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
27. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
28. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
29. No Weigh In. Out of Town.
30. No Weigh In.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS:- 4.6 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 12-01-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #5  
Gizmo

Hi VickieLou

Not a lot to report today, other than starting a new Fitness Blender workout program. Today was 27 minutes of upper body work with sets of jumping jacks in between (I do mostly low-impact jumping jacks) and I added 10 minutes of upper work work without any weights. Hopefully the fact that this is a new program will motivate me to stick to it and be consistent.

We're off to have a nice supper with my in-laws. Hope everyone will enjoy a great evening as well!

Week 1:
3: 37 minutes upper body strength training
Old 11-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #6  
Gizmo

It has rained all day here and temperatures will really drop down by tomorrow. I'm just hoping there won't be any snow until Friday, when I go to have our Winter tires installed on our car I am continuing my sequence of 3 days on, 1 day off for my workouts. So after yesterday's rest, I was back at it with a lower body workout filled with variations on squats and deadlifts. I can do those with 15-pound weights now, I'm pushing myself and that is rewarding in and of itself. I've been eating on plan since starting my staycation as well, but it's easier when work and stress don't get in the way. As David's surgeon has now authorized him to go up from 3 days to 4 days per week at work, we will definitely have to make a plan to think ahead and meal prep on our days off. Cause being too tired to cook after work became a real issue for me (us) in October and I can't let that happen this month if I want to move forward and reach my goal. Now time for some nice tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper to warm us up on this gloomy day.

Week 1:
4:
5: 40 minutes lower body strength training
Old 11-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #7  
Gizmo

I hope everyone is having a good start to this month (I type this as it's already getting dark outside; I hate turning back the clocks in November).

Today's workout was jump rope and bodyweight exercises intervals and a weighted core workout. There is no room for me to jump rope so I mimicked the movement for as long as I could sustain it (I am really a low-impact kind of person) and then would do low-impact jumping jacks to finish the intervals. And I thought the short core workout would be easy, 5 minutes only, 5 exercises only, so I went for a 5-pound weight. I managed to get through it but that felt like 5 minutes too long

Tonight we're trying a new recipe: vegetarian lentil meatloaf. The previous recipe I had tried involved chickpeas and David did not like it, so I've found this new recipe and we'll see how that goes. Even though we have a pretty extensive list of meals and recipes, I keep looking for new ones to try.

Week 1:
4:
6: 28 minutes jump rope/bodyweight exercises workout + 5 minutes weighted core workout
Old 11-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #8  
Gizmo

We had our first snowflakes today, but fortunately it was melting snow and nothing stuck. It's funny how Loki refuses to walk in the rain but he'll walk plenty during a snowfall. He gets wet all the same. We need to get him a new sweater or coat, the only one that he has is stretched out. On another clothes-related note of a different kind, I still fit in my black dress from 2 years ago and that is a relief, because I didn't want to go out and buy another one for this Christmas season.

So I just completed day 4 of this new program I am doing. It was an upper body strength workout with 60-seconds cardio intervals. 60 seconds is a loooooooong time! I never thought I would say this but I prefer 20-seconds HIIT intervals, even though they are way more intense. Last night's lentil meatloaf was a success, but I think I needed to cook the lentils a bit longer before mashing them. Off to take a shower and relax for the rest of the evening.

Week 1:
4:
6: 28 minutes jump rope/bodyweight exercises workout + 5 minutes weighted core workout
7: 36 minutes upper body strength training with cardio intervals
Old 11-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Just a quick check-in for me. November goals: continue hot yoga 4-5 times per week, walk Loki for an hour every day, reach hydration goal, and check in here (real check in) more often. Hope everyone is having a good month so far!

SW: 220.3
10/31: 220.3
GW: 214.4

Week 1:
11/1: 218.6 (-1.7)
11/2: 217.7 (-0.9)
11/3: 218.7 (+1.0)
11/4: 218.7 (+/-0)
11/5: 219.3 (+0.6)
11/6: 218.8 (-0.5)
11/7: 219.1 (+0.3)
Total for Week 1: -1.2
Total for November: -1.2

Week 2:
11/8: 218.3 (-0.8)
11/9: 218.3 (+/-0)
11/10: 216.7 (-1.6)
11/11: 219.1 (+2.4)
11/12: 218.1 (-1.0)
11/13: 220.2 (+2.1)
11/14: 219.8 (-0.4)
Total for Week 2: +0.7
Total for November: -0.5

Week 3:
11/15:
11/16:
11/17:
11/18:
11/19:
11/20:
11/21:
Total for Week 3:
Total for November:

Week 4:
11/22:
11/23:
11/24:
11/25:
11/26:
11/27:
11/28:
Total for Week 4:
Total for November:

Final Days
11/29:
11/30:
Total for Final Days:
Total for November:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 11-14-2019 at 05:51 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:53 PM   #10  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead those are very achievable goals, I wish you great success this month! I keep wanting to take an hour-long walk each day with Loki and David, but I seldom make it.

I have completed week 1 of this Fitness Blender Mass program I am on. Next week I see split upper body workouts (working 2 opposing muscle groups only, all the way through), which I've never done, so it should be interesting. A small NSV of sorts to report: I can now tie my Apple watch one hole further. I should really take my measurements and track those, not just the scale and my actual workouts.

Looks like I got our Winter tires installed just in time, as it snowed and got cold yesterday afternoon, enough for some icy patches on the road. I dread Winter already. We've had to turn on the heat in the apartment, it's all quite depressing.

Hoping everyone is enjoying a great weekend!

Week 1:
4:
8:
9: 26 minutes lower body strength training with HIIT intervals + 15 minutes fluid stretches workout

Old 11-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

curvynotlumpy thankyou for starting this thread! Love the title!

SW: 199.8 - 10/31
CW: 197.8 - 11/10
GW: 194.8

Quick check in! Surgery went great but I can’t wait to have use of my left hand again & to be out of the sling! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!! Good luck ��
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #12  
Gizmo

shellofself great of you to check in! Did I miss an important post where you mentioned you needed surgery on your left side? Was it your hand or arm? I really hope you heal quickly and get back the use of your hand very soon. I know how David felt miserable being unable to use his right arm/hand after his shoulder surgery. Sending healing vibes your way

We had a busy morning today, going grocery shopping, finding a Winter coat for our little Loki (he looks so adorable in it!) and ordering a new couch, as ours is completely done in. Then in the afternoon, David and I both participated in meal prepping, him making a big batch of his delicious spaghetti sauce, and me making some veggie burritos and carrot soup. I managed to not take any nap today, I see that as a win. I also completed a different kind of workout today: a split upper body workout, ie focusing only on two muscle groups. I have a feeling my upper back may be sore tomorrow.

Now to have a relaxing evening before going back to work tomorrow.

Week 1:
4:
8:
9: 26 minutes lower body strength training with HIIT intervals + 15 minutes fluid stretches workout
Week 2:
10: 31 minutes upper body chest and upper back strength training
Old 11-11-2019, 01:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Martine: Your meal prep sounds delicious and divine! You and David make a great team and I bet it's a lot of fun to work together.

A big to VickieLou, shellofself, and RunningRedHead! Nice to see you all posting.

shellofself: I do apologize as I missed your hand injury and surgery as well. I'm glad everything went well and that you're on the road to recovery

I hope everyone's November is off to a great start! As today is Veterans Day I am off work. It also happens to be my and my late father's birthday so a very special day all around . I took last Friday off and had my hair cut and colored--a birthday gift for myself . Later today I'm having lunch with a good friend who I only see a couple of times per year due to our schedules. Later I'll enjoy a birthday dinner with my Monday night dinner group. I was asked a couple of weeks ago what I'd like and I requested French Market Soup though in Northern California it really hasn't reached soup weather. Tomorrow the new Administrative Coordinator for my unit begins. We're all very excited to have her on board but I'm anticipating some HR hiccups. A couple of months ago the university where I work transitioned to a new platform that merged a number of different processes including hiring, payroll, etc. into one system. It has been rolling out over the last couple of years on the other system campuses and there have been challenges and major problems at each and every campus. Last Thursday many of our student workers walked out and picketed in our administration building giving an earful to our Vice Chancellor and the Vice Chancellor who is overseeing the transition. It's not just students, some staff and faculty haven't been paid as well. I feel bad for anyone who hasn't been paid. Rent, bills, the need for food, are realities whether one is paid or not.

One last thing before I sign-off. I want to use A December to Remember for our thread title next month but it also happens to be a tag line that Lexus uses in their commercials. Bottom line--could I be sued or get a cease and desist? I have no product and I'm not selling anything so I *think* I should be okay, but I'm not sure. Any advice folks have is appreciated.

Have a great day!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:01 PM   #14  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy Hope you enjoyed a wonderful day off, you more than deserved it! Happy to hear that your Admin coordinator is starting tomorrow. More help is always welcome. But I am sorry to hear about those unpaid workers affected by the new payroll system. The Canadian government switched to a new payroll system called Phenix a couple of years ago and some people STILL are not getting paid or are missing money. A total mess. Hope this situation gets resolved quickly for those affected.

I was back at work today and it was pretty uneventful. I learned that one of our employees who was supposed to leave for Irak on Wednesday to go see her twin sister on the anniversary of the tragic passing on her only son last year, chose not to go because of the unstable political situation in that country. But now she is fighting with the airline company to get her money back. Even the fact that the Canadian government has issued a warning not to travel there is not making any difference to the airline company. She will continue to fight and I really hope she wins her case.

I completed my workout after work, since I was too tired to get up this morning. I'll try that for a week and see how it goes. Now going to eat the excellent spaghetti sauce that David made yesterday.

Week 1:
4:
8:
Week 2:
11: 40 minutes lower body strength training
Old 11-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #15  
Gizmo

Why is Winter so early this year??? We received 20cm of snow yesterday and woke up to -22°C/-7°F temperatures this morning. The only good thing about all of this was seeing how cute Loki looks in his new parka, jumping over snow banks on street corners.

After a day off yesterday, I was back to my workout program this morning. It was 46 minutes of upper body work and I have a feeling my triceps will hate me later. We're sticking with meal prepping and I made some carrot soup this morning to help combat this cold weather and some vegetarian shepherd's pie for tomorrow. So far November is right on plan, even though the scale is not really budging

Totally off-topic but has anyone gotten into the Christmas and Holidays spirit yet? Our store is now in full Christmas-mode, with music and everything. I am beyond excited! And next week when I have another week off, we'll put up our Christmas tree surely.

Stay warm everyone!

Week 1:
4:
8:
Week 2:
11: 40 minutes lower body strength training
12:
13: 46 minutes upper body biceps, triceps and shoulders strength training