Old 09-27-2019, 06:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/252

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie: fighting depression, pain, and fat

Hello!
Today is my first day of the millionth diet I've been on. I've tried them all. To no success. I weigh 280 and my goal for now is 252 (10% off). I am fairly active, but portion control is a big issue. That's going to be my battle.

I have chronic pain from a shoulder and brain injury. I also have severe depression. I need to find a way to not give up. I need to feel that I'm worthy of feeling better. Sometimes I hate myself, and that is terrible for trying to set goals. My other issue is insomnia. If I could get one good night of sleep, I know I'd handle everything else better.

Right now I'm doing a basic CICO plan until I see a dietitian. I walk daily as there's a park by my house. I do between 1/2 to 2 miles a day, depending on my pain. So I hope to keep that up. 1600 calories per day is my goal.

Hope to meet some pals here to chat with. I'm in CA. I'm 50. I have body dysmorphia as I really don't see myself as fat as I am. It's weird, as I don't see it. It's only when I see photos that I get a shock.

Nice to meet you all!
coppersmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC, coppersmash! You aren't alone in your weight loss journey here. I started my journey around the same weight as you; while I still have a ways to go to reach my goal of 175, progress would have never happened if I had never made the decision to do something about my weight! Congratulations on making the decision to live a healthier life

Consider a slightly higher calorie goal until your body adjusts if you find yourself having a hard time sticking to 1600. My original calorie goal was 1600-1800. It's now 1200-1500, with most days closer to 1200 than 1500. Just a suggestion!
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote