Old 08-30-2019, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default Summer Sendoff-off: September 2019 Check-in & Accountability Thread

Happy September, everyone! All are to the September 2019 daily weigh-in/check-in. Know that on this thread you will find support, encouragement, and endless kindness.

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

My, oh my, where did the time go? If you're reading this on September 1, it is 115 days until . There is candy and costumes prominently displayed in stores! I know, I know, many of us are still sweating out the last remaining weeks of summer but fall is upon us and winter closer than we think. Kids are back in school and comfort food seems to be making appearances on various threads. With the days getting shorter, the leaves turning and the temps getting cooler it's time for a check-in with yourself. So how are things going? Have you had a good summer? I'm sure that there have been challenges and successes for all of us. Maybe you've been on a roll and want to keep the momentum going? Good on you! Keep it up. Maybe you're thinking, "How can I find momentum when I can't even get started?" Got it. Or maybe you're like me and can successfully string together 2 or 3 days, or even a whole week of healthy eating and exercise only to hit a bump in the road and begin again. That's okay too. There is much to be learned from persistence. So as we usher in a new month take a breath and think about where you are with your healthy goals and where you want to be. And take pride in every incremental goal/success/achievement. Stop underplaying them and telling yourself they don't matter because they do and they add up.

All our welcome to our monthly neighborhood block party so welcome back to the regulars, and please make yourself known and comfortable if you're a lurker considering joining. We'd love to have you here!

Sending and well wishes as we all make our way through September.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Thank you for continuing the thread! I can't believe it's already September!!

Hi everyone! Curvy makes a great point about the temps getting cooler and it being a great time to check in with oneself. As we head into an incredibly busy season, I look forward to coming here to remain accountable and rely on the support y'all are so awesome at providing. Best of luck to everyone this month as we continue to slay our goals!

8/31: 221.7
GW: 215.0

Week 1:
9/1: 221.7 (+/-0)
9/2: 221.5 (-0.2)
9/3: 220.0 (-1.5)
9/4: 219.0 (-1.0)
9/5: 220.5 (+1.5)
9/6: 220.2 (-0.3)
9/7: 219.8 (-0.4)
Total for Week 1: -1.9
Total for September: -1.9

Week 2:
9/8: 219.3 (-0.5)
9/9: 220.1 (+0.8)
9/10: 220.9 (+0.8)
9/11: 221.5 (+0.6)
9/12: 222.6 (+1.1)
9/13: 221.9 (-0.7)
9/14: 219.5 (-2.4)
Total for Week 2: -0.3
Total for September: -2.2

Week 3:
9/15: 219.5 (+/-0)
9/16: 219.1 (-0.4)
9/17: 222.0 (+2.9)
9/18: 220.7 (-1.3)
9/19: 220.7 (+/-0)
9/20: 219.3 (-1.4)
9/21: 217.3 (-2.0)
Total for Week 3: -2.2
Total for September: -4.4

Week 4:
9/22:
9/23:
9/24:
9/25:
9/26:
9/27:
9/28:
Total for Week 4:
Total for September:

Final Days
9/29:
9/30:
Total for Final Days:
Total for September:

This month (this semester) is going to be very busy for me, so one of my goals is going to be to remember to take the time to practice some self care, be that meal prep, exercise, or relaxing with a mani-pedi or massage. I'm continuing being back on track with keto and my goal is to stay around 20g (or fewer) net carbs per day and to drink 4L of water/non-dehydrating fluids. I'm hoping to get into a regular yoga schedule (Monday's and Wednesday's) and to get into the swing of things with walking Loki regularly. Looking forward to the cooler temps and the wonderful fall fashion, foods, and events that come with it!

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 09-21-2019 at 05:02 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #3  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy thank you so much for keeping this thread going and for your inspiring words as we start a new month.

I lost two pounds in August, I’ll take it. For me this month it will be all about gaining more consistency and aiming to lose 4-5 pounds again. I’ll be doing the Fitness Blender Strong program again, as I enjoyed it so much, and I’ll add some HIIT and cardio workouts here and there as well.

Have a great month everyone!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and happy September 1!

RunningRedHead and Martine. You're very welcome! Keeping up this thread (even though my personal postings are sporadic at times) is a joy for me. It was such a support system to me when I stumbled upon it a few years ago and is a tangible way to keep love2b150's inspired thread helping others and myself! My weight is up around 3 pounds as I continue to drop my post-Portland bloat. Last week I emailed the coordinator of the Wednesday running group and told him I was in. The first meeting is September 25 and will cover how the group operates, what to wear, etc. Our first official run is October 2. It's going to be a busy quarter as classes begin September 25 and with it comes the onslaught of all the fall welcome events and activities. So my goal this month is to get back to running in a mindful and consistent way. I can't turn back the clock but I can certainly reset it for today!

Wishing everyone a fantastic September!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #5  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy congratulations on signing up for that running club! Looking forward to reading all about this new challenge you are taking on. And that vacation bloat does eventually go away.

So back to the grind and the Strong program. Day 1 was a descending reps lower body workout. It is so rewarding to see that I have increased my weights since the first time I did this. I'm now up to 15 pounds per hand on deadlifts and squats and I think I will need to buy heavier weights soon for those two exercises. Now to eat some vegetarian tacos and watch the Dark Crystal series on Netflix. And to welcome a day off for Labour Day tomorrow.

Week 1
1: 40 minutes lower body strength training

Old 09-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #6  

Martine:What is the Fitness Blender program you’re doing? Is it a strength training program? Glad to hear you were successful last month and way to go getting your workout in already on day 1!

Curvy:Way to go signing up for the running group! What a great idea My hip tendonitis really flared up around week 3 of the Couch 2 5K program I was doing back in the spring; I’m hoping that with consistent yoga and Body Pump I’ll be able to start running again with less pain- I really found it calming and great for clearing my mind.

Happy Labor Day to those celebrating. I napped today and then have dinner on the patio planned with family. I think the plan is for crab legs, steaks on the grill, and an assortment of different salads. Tomorrow I’m catching up with an old friend from work and we’re going to a hot yoga class at noon, followed by lunch. Also planning a nice long walk later this evening (but not too late, darn mosquitos!) with Loki. Have a great Monday, everyone

Week 1:
Old 09-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #7  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead your Labour Day sounds sooooo relaxing. I also napped but then again, I usually do on any day off. So I stumbled upon Fitness Blender when I was looking for workout videos on Youtube. They have over 500 free workouts and they have a website. I used to just randomly choose workouts but in June I decided to buy one of their programs, Strong, which I decided to do again this month. It focuses on strength training, with a little bit of HIIT here and there and one stretching workout per week. I had the most consistency with this program in June, so that's why I went back to it.

So this Labour Day for me was filled with chores and a nap. I was working this weekend so I'll have a long weekend starting Friday instead and I'm really looking forward to it. I got in an upper body strength training workout today, just like I like it. I'm still being careful with overhead presses, I don't want an injury, even though my left shoulder hasn't hurt me these past few days. I've also moved on from wall push-ups to push-ups on my knees, but I can't extend my body very much yet. I think I'll stick to exercising after work for now, it worked all last week for me. I've done some meal prep today, looking ahead to the next couple of meals. A positive start to this month.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great start to the week!

Week 1
2: 40 minutes upper body strength training
Old 09-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #8  
Gizmo

I'm working the afternoon/evening shift today and I had a productive morning. I kept myself occupied so I wouldn't fall back asleep on the couch as I usually do an hour or so after I wake up. Trying to break some bad patterns. I just completed a core workout and I used a 2.5 pound dumbbell for all of the exercises that suggested weights. The only two exercises that I couldn't complete were side hip raises (can't do them for the full 45-second interval) and side t-stabilization (think holding a side plank with your other arm out extended...no way I can do that). I added my own extra-credit workout, a 14-minute HIIT workout, because I recall missing HIIT a bit when I last did this Strong program. At work I'll be training two new hires this afternoon. I'll be using brand new material provided by our company for the first time, I've reviewed everything twice, hope it goes well.

Have a great day everyone!

Week 1
3: 34 minutes core workout + 14 minutes HIIT workout
Old 09-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Curvy: Thank you for continuing this thread and your incredibly thoughtful post. Congratulations on joining a running group!

RunningRedHead: Goal buddy! lol You basically listed out my goals for the month (except replace yoga with arm workout). I know you'll crush it!

Martine: With how hard and often you workout, you're probably gaining muscle mass and losing inches! Do you track your measurements? Also, the side t-stabilization / reverse flys / dumbell side raises are brutal. There's just something about that position. The important thing is that you're doing it though! And, it'll get easier..., right?? (lol partially telling myself too; I'm on week two of arm workouts. I can finally do a few seconds of sets, but not more than 20 sec ... I remember not even being about to hold it for 5 sec initially so baby steps!).

Lost 8 lbs in August! I've maintained 214 lbs over the last three days, which I'm impressed given the donuts, nachos, hot dogs, etc I consumed over the weekend. Going out of town for a conference this week, and packing gym clothes as motivation to make good choices.

9/1: 214 lbs
GW: 209 lbs

Last edited by shellofself; 09-03-2019 at 11:41 AM.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:43 PM   #10  

Martine: Oooh, those sound fun! I may have to check them out!! Thank you for sharing Also, way to go on your exctra credit workout

Shellofself: #twinning Great strategy packing gym clothes while your away for a conference! You got this!

I’m officially 100% settled and back on track and it feels great. I went for two nice long walks with Loki yesterday and one today before bringing her to my parents (they watch her for me when I have work), and I went to hot yoga today with my work twin. After yoga we made veg- and keto-friendly taco salad that was delicious and as I’m getting ready for bed, I realize that I haven’t really eaten much else today, but my appetite is a lot lower than it has been since before I went off the rails. Heading to bed very soon (4:45 comes early!) and then my first day on the inpatient unit with my students is tomorrow. nothing too crazy happens.

Week 1:
Old 09-04-2019, 10:45 PM   #11  

I went to another hot yoga class today. The one I went to yesterday lived up to its name (gentle hot yoga) and was great at helping me stretch out some trouble spots, but today’s was definitely more of a workout, which I was looking forward to after a busy first day running around with students today. I feel very lucky for several reasons: it’s my first semester formally teaching and the cohort of students apparently has a reputation, but my eight are fantastic so far. They are inquisitive and ask appropriate questions that will serve their ability to critically think down the road. Also, if they are unsure of something, they stop and ask for help, which is huge! We are also extremely lucky because the floor we are on has awesome nurses who appreciate having students and like to teach as well, which helps me a ton; I was very worried because there are a lot of floors that have nurses who don’t enjoy having students because it can slow them down. Overall, it was a successful first day and a pretty awesome Wednesday.

Hope everyone had a fun and/or productive day!

Week 1:
Old 09-05-2019, 05:24 AM   #12  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead really nice to hear that your group of students are interested in learning. You hear horror stories of teachers spending more time managing a class than actually teaching. And looking at your stats, we're only 5 days in September and you're already only 4 pounds away from your goal weight this month. Looks like you found your groove again.

Shellofself what a tremendous loss for August! Congratulations on starting strength training. Upper body strength training is my favourite type of workout. As you said, you see improvements over time. I remember when I first started lifting weights, I had my tiny 2.5 pound dumbbell and I had no strength at all. The fact that after only 1 full week you went from completing 5 seconds of an exercise to up to 20 seconds is quite an accomplishment already. And good point about taking my measurements, I haven't yet but it could be a very useful tool to see improvements.

No workout for me yesterday, as I had exercised quite a few days straight from last week into this week, so I needed a break. And I also worked until 7pm yesterday, trying to finish our employee schedule on top of helping our district manager with some urgent matters for the new store opening nearby on Sunday, so no workout at that time for me. I woke up around 3:30am and couldn't get back to sleep, so at about 4am I got up and completed my workout for today. I anticipate it might be a long work day again, so better to get it out of the way. I'll be going to work a bit early to pick-up two employees and drive them to said new store, because they really need help getting everything done on time and these are the only 2 people from our store who were willing to go, but they didn't want to travel by bus because of the distance. REALLY looking to this work day being done and enjoying a 4-day weekend.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Week 1
3: 34 minutes core workout + 14 minutes HIIT workout
4:
5: 40 minutes lower body strength training

Old 09-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #13  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

S/C/G: 275.5/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Hi all. I only weigh every other day so my days are a little different. I started working out again and tracking all of my calories in MFP.

SW: 262.7

GW: 242.7

Week 1:
9/1: 262.7
9/2:
9/3: 257.6
9/4:
9/5: 256.5
9/6:
9/7: 254.1
Total for Week 1: 8.6
Total for September: 8.6

Week 2:
9/8: 251.5
9/9:
9/10:
9/11:
9/12:
9/13:
9/14:
Total for Week 2:
Total for September: 8.6

Total for Final Days:
Total for September:

Last edited by Mama_Angel_2006; 09-08-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Updated weights
Mama_Angel_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:41 PM   #14  

Martine: I’m so glad they want to learn! As for my stats, I don’t think I’ve been in ketosis all summer, now that I’m back on track I’m hoping the downward momentum continues! Oh gosh! I’m so sorry you woke up so early!! Way to go getting your workout in though I hope your work day goes smoothly and you’re winding down to enjoy your long weekend

Mama_Angel: Hi there! What kind of workouts do you enjoy? Do you like MFP? I use their app for tracking and love it! Best of luck to you this month

A little bit of a rebound with today’s weigh-in, which I was anticipating. Between yesterday’s workout and how sore I am, as well as sleeping fitfully last night, There is a lot of water retention happening right now it goes back down in the next couple of days I took Loki for a short walk earlier today, but we'll go for a longer one tonight after rehearsal once it cools off (and calms down a little bit- lots of lawns being mowed and the pup is afraid of loud noises ).

Week 1:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 09-05-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #15  

My plan to go for a nice long walk with Loki yesterday evening was thwarted by shin splints. Luckily it feels a lot better this morning, so I’m going to make it up to her with a long walk at the park today instead of around the neighborhood. After that, I plan to do an at-home yoga workout, probably via an online video on Youtube (Yoga With Adriene). It’s been a while since I’ve walked along my favorite path, which is part of a nature preserve along the river and a historic part of the Erie canal that’s no longer in use (the old locks are still there though). It's usually not very crowded, the fly problem usually dies down by now, and it's a very peaceful and calming path which I find helps me to clear my head and prepare for the work weekend. Wishing you all a great end to your week and a wonderful Friday.

Week 1:
9/6: 220.2 (-0.3)