Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #1  

Default I Weigh 602 lb at 5 feet 6 inches tall

My name is Patty Smith. I am 25 years old. I live in Los Angeles, California, USA. I weigh 602 lb. Today I weighed and the scale told me my worst nightmare, which is that I hit 600 lb.
Growing up I was always the fattest kid in my class. I had gradiated high school at 467 lb. I was always bullied and I always had low self esteem. Food made me feel better.
Now I am an unemployed 602 lb woman with severe cystic acne and hyperhidrosis (excessive) who lives with her mom and aunt, both of which are over 400 lb. I feel ugly, gross, disgusting, stupid and worthless. My belly is so big it reaches my knees. I hate myself so much.
Patty Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Everyone starts somewhere and here is a good place to start. You can do this!
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:50 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwannabe View Post
Everyone starts somewhere and here is a good place to start. You can do this!
Thank you so much for not judging me
Patty Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello Patty! I think you will find good inspiration and support here, although it's not a very active community.

There is a member here called FrankB that has supportive suggestions for just starting out. I think you could find him with a search.

Would your mom and aunt be willing to help you and also join in on a healthy choice style eating plan? That would help you immensely.
Old Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #5  
mjf

Here are some suggestions on how to lose weight:
Throw out all of the junk food in your home so that you won't be tempted to eat it. Avoid sweets, refined carbs, and deep fried foods.
Focus on eating whole foods such as vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grains, nuts, and seeds.
In particular, be sure to each a lot of vegetables, including some leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables.
Walk as much as you can each day.

You should be able to lose at least 2 or 3 lbs per week. You might lose weight faster in the beginning, although some of it will be water weight.

It may be a good idea to speak to a dietitian, if you can afford it.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #6  

Walking may be difficult for Patty. She may have to begin with simple chair exercises of arm lifts and low leg lifts.

I hope you are doing okay, Patty.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Patty with your mom and your aunt this may make things very hard and I am sure it already is. Can you reach out for help with a doctor? Are they also wanting to try to lose. For you? Togethrer the three of you could support each other and be unstoppable. We have some very supportinve folks here and it will NOT be easy but you are young and it CAN be done
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

Hi Patty! You are such a hero, and an incredible person. It takes a lot of, shall we say, chutzpah to do what you just did. You just logged into an online community full of strangers, and laid out exactly where you are and how you feel, no fluff or justification or anything. You are amazing. Not just anyone can do that.

You are not a failure. You are not ugly, gross, disgusting, or stupid. Most of all, you are NOT worthless. Let me repeat that. YOU. ARE. NOT. WORTHLESS. Your weight has absolutely no effect on your worth, or your intelligence. Your post tells me you have gumption. You have grit. You're here, aren't you? It speaks volumes right there that you are looking for help and support.

I'm not here to give you diet or lifestyle advice, unless you ask for it. I just want you to know that you are an amazing person. Treat yourself kindly and stay positive, and the journey will be much easier--and faster.

The actual weight loss is only one part of the journey--liking, and someday loving, yourself is one of the big reasons we're all here. You can appreciate yourself for who you are no matter what the scale says. It is possible, really possible.

I hope you have a wonderful day, Patty. You're incredible. Someday, I want to have the chutzpah you already have naturally.
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:17 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Biddy View Post
Hello Patty! I think you will find good inspiration and support here, although it's not a very active community.

There is a member here called FrankB that has supportive suggestions for just starting out. I think you could find him with a search.

Would your mom and aunt be willing to help you and also join in on a healthy choice style eating plan? That would help you immensely.
Thank you , Old Biddy, but I don't respond anymore until poster crying for help, sticks around a bit.

Way too many 1-2 post wonders here
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:39 AM   #10  

I often wonder if new people don't realize that they have to subscribe to their own threads to get notifications. If they don't check in they may not realize there have been replies.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:32 AM   #11  

Hey Patty,
Congrats on your first step! I hope everything works out for the way you want. First step should be really as someone said in previous posts put everything not healthy in the trash and speak with your family. Support is what everyone needs. It is hard to keep up a diet plan or an exercise regime if you don't have support at home. I don't have really such (only on words) so at my case i asked my husband if he wants something not healthy at least to eat it outside home which he did and i felt much better than being surrounded by sugars at home. So if they don't want to join you at least make a plan which you all agrees. Wish you all the best!
Bg_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:12 AM   #12  

Hi Patty. I am really glad you are here. You sure got a lot of people who cared enough to respond. Just know that is not always the case here. Lots of advice. Just know you can take anything that feels right. Not all suggestions will be right for you. Maybe one will though. Just remember that most of us will care. And we will never ever bully you. We will see the courage you have to reach out. No matter how slow or fast the progress is. Weight loss can be a two steps forward, one step back for some people. And thats okay. The important thing is to keep trying if you can.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Smith View Post
My name is Patty Smith. I am 25 years old. I live in Los Angeles, California, USA. I weigh 602 lb. Today I weighed and the scale told me my worst nightmare, which is that I hit 600 lb.
Growing up I was always the fattest kid in my class. I had gradiated high school at 467 lb. I was always bullied and I always had low self esteem. Food made me feel better.
Now I am an unemployed 602 lb woman with severe cystic acne and hyperhidrosis (excessive) who lives with her mom and aunt, both of which are over 400 lb. I feel ugly, gross, disgusting, stupid and worthless. My belly is so big it reaches my knees. I hate myself so much.
@PATTY SMITH ... Patty we are so happy you are here. Your discomfort with your outward appearance can be well seen in the minds eye. As well as your beautiful and caring person in your heart.

If you need support we are here. I am even willing to support off page. Noone should feel as if they cant reach a goal. You deserve to reach out and take those steps to success.
Blessings
Davisa
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote