Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:23 AM   #1  

Default The best packaged meals I have tried

Lean cuisine is the best and weight watchers by far
jenniefit8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

Height: 5'3"

In years past I've also enjoyed these. Keep an eye on the sodium levels in them so that you can make sure you aren't taking in too much. I had to look it up, and I wanted a good source, but found this on the heart.org website:

"The American Heart Association recommends no more than 2,300 milligrams (mg) a day and moving toward an ideal limit of no more than 1,500 mg per day for most adults."
Old Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:29 AM   #3  
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniefit8 View Post
Lean cuisine is the best and weight watchers by far
Which specific meals are you referring to? Some Lean Cuisine meals might be healthier than others, for example.

Here are a few tips to help you find good frozen meals:
Look for a meal that includes a lot of vegetables (the meal should be about half vegetables).
If it has grains, make sure they're whole grains. If you see "enriched wheat flour" in the ingredients, avoid it.
It would be good if it includes beans, but it might be hard to find meals with beans.
Check the sodium. A simple rule of thumb is that the sodium/calorie ratio shouldn't be too high (less than 1 is good, more than 2 is bad).
If it's advertised as healthy, it doesn't mean that it's healthy. Always check the ingredients. At least the first few ingredients (and preferably all of them) should be whole foods.

The last time I went to the frozen meals section of the supermarket, I couldn't find any good ones, but admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time looking.

Last edited by mjf; 06-02-2019 at 02:35 AM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220.2/197.4/142

Height: 5'7"

The SmartMade options I've tried have been really good. And the EatingWell brand, too.

Healthy Choice as well. In fact, they have released a handful of cauliflower rice based Power Bowls in select test markets as I type this. Sadly, not in my region but hoping they test well and get a nation-wide release as they look really good.

Last edited by fetch; 06-04-2019 at 10:22 PM.
fetch is offline   Reply With Quote