Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-10-2019, 02:39 AM   #1  

Default Need some motivation

Hey girls
3 weeks so far on south beach diet -3/4kg. The result sounds promising for someone who has to loose ~10kg but i have to loose more than 20 and i feel i loose part of my motivation . My goal for the next 6 months is to become less than 75 kg and currently i am 96 :/ last year i had a health problem which led to increase my weight from ~80 to almost 100 for less than a year. I am passed the moment where i'm sorry for myself (most of the time) eventough my health problem is not solved for forever but by these results i dont feel encouraged enough to countineu. I had 3 weeks phase 1 (i red in the book that phase 1 could be between 2/4 weeks) just because i believed that this might boost my metabolism and i may loose up to 6/7 kg but no :/ and the worst is than less than 2 yars ago i was perfectly fine
Bg_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:03 AM   #2  

You should be fine, the amount of your desired loss is very achievable, many here have lost far more than 20 kg or 45 lbs, it seems like some impossible goal when you're trying to lose it, but in retrospect it really isn't some Earth- shattering goal that can't be achieved

You can do it, just do it slowly, you gained the weight over many years like all of us, you can't expect to lose it in just a few months.

If you lose 5 kg in say 6 months, great , you're heading the correct way !
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hi Bg_girl. I know 20kgs seems insurmountable. I've set my goal at 14kgs, but I could easily afford to lose 20 or more! But I'm very scared of failure and becoming demotivated, so I'm aiming for a slow loss:14 kgs in 6 months or half a kg a week. The first week has gone well - about 1.7kgs down. But the weekend has been hard and I'm feeling very miserable this evening. I guess we just both have to hang in there!
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #4  

Hi guys!

I'm desperate for some motivation. I'm trying to lose weight for several years but I guess I'm not motivated enough. The only time I manage to lose weight was 7 years ago in weigh loss group. It's not available anymore.

I'm complaining for months and nothing changes. My boyfriend is ok with my weight. I'm the one who is not satisfied. I'm getting married in June and I don't wanna look so terrible in the photos. I have 165 lbs and trying to have 135.
TheFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:49 AM   #5  

Default things that have helped for me

i have been using this red tea detox which has been really helpful.. i found it on this website healthandfitnessbo.wordpress com

could anyone take a look maybe it will help you out as it helped me. Or maybe you'll could send me to another website that could help
futuredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

My advice is be honest with yourself about what you are eating now. Take a hard look and decide what small changes you can make and live with forever. For example, drink a full glass of water before each meal. Or replace half your soda intake with water instead. Or change out one sugary/salty snack a day for fruit instead. That sort of thing. Once that is fully and completely a habit, look for another small change you can make.

I've lost 70 pounds in 11 months by doing it this way. And it takes no real motivation, because every change you make become habit and part of your routine. I use to be the girl who would open the Oreos and eat an entire row in one sitting. Or half the bag of chips, or half a large pepperoni pizza. I drank 3 gallons of milk a week and ate at least 2 loaves of bread every week. Rarely did a vegetable grace my plate. I've always been that picky eater who eats like a 5 year old and complained that I didn't like veggies. Now, by making slow and gradual changes, I only drink about 3/4 of a gallon of milk a week, maybe 2 or 3 slices (not loaves) of whole grain bread a week, and I eat mostly fruits, veggies and lean meats. Not so much fruit in the winter, but more in the spring/summer/fall. I don't deprive myself of anything, I still eat pizza, pasta, cookies, etc, but not nearly as often, and when I do, I always have a MUCH smaller amount than I would have had before. I still eat a small amount of chocolate every single day.

I say again, making changes this way doesn't require motivation. It becomes habit and the changes are small enough that you don't have to be motivated.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #7  
20at30

You've already lost a really respectable amount in a short period of time... More in that time might even be too much, IMHO... hang in there! You're building a habit, and it will get easier with time. You can do it!!

--K
(20at30.wordpress.com)
venusinfurs2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:51 AM   #8  

Thanks guys, i am keeping the diet and i am not struggling for now. To be honest for me it is not hard to keep a diet since my whole life till 25 i did exactly so. I was a professional athlete. Actually my weight gain journey began exactly when i stopped playing. At the beginning i still consumed the same amount of food such as i am still training. Which lead to some weight gain. Afterwards i've started controling my portion and everything was pretty much fine. I didnt lose weight but i didnt gain as well. At the end i lost too much of muscles. Last year i had some great pains in my legs and spine. I went to md and after lots of examination the conclusion was that in my last years of performance i had some tramaus that when i had muscle mass i didnt feel it because my muscles keeped everything together. It was a matter of time to feel everything that my body suffers. But when i lost enough muscle mass it started to hurt even if i stay still sitting or laying. I had serious nerves damages and 2 disc herniation. The worst thing for me was that the md said that i am going to have this my whole life. I had some pills and stuff to do for decreasing the pain but i was such a mess by that time that i didnt want to go out and do stuff since i didnt want to feel the pain. My husband was really supportive by that time and he new that he had to leave me doing whatever i think is best for a while without judging. And i gained a lot. No physical activites and enough food of whatevet i wanted. But than i decided to fix myself. To lose weight and to start training again and if possible to grow again my muscle mass enough to feel like a normal person. The idea is perfect but you know how it is. I should keep it together. I have to loose more waight to start jogging since now my pains are stopping me of doing so. For now - long walks, no car and some small physical activities till i find myself ready for more. I want to thank you all. Befor i had whole team to support me in all of my journays and now you are doing so for me. I belive that i am going to have ups and downs and i hope that if needed you are going to be there for me
Bg_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:07 AM   #9  

Also, from my own experience, stress can be a big obstacle to your weight loss goal. If you become too obsessed with your weight then you are more likely to get stressed about that as any weight loss method need a certain amount of time to see result. Stress condition can cause tendencies to eat to temporarily relieve the tension and make you lose motivation faster. In the past I realized that when I allow myself to be more relaxed about my weight and be more patient, my results are better and less frustrated. So, besides finding a new source of motivation, you should also be more easy and relaxed. You will eventually success and reach your desired weight, trust me.
Best lucks on your weight loss journey <3
Sarah Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote