Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:47 AM   #1  

Default Doctor has recommended drastic weight loss

Hey

I have been to see my doctor today and he has diagnosed me with obstructive sleep apnea. He has advised we need to a drastic weight loss. We have tried lots of diets and food plans but because i have PCOS its making it a bit difficult, they have even had me on diabetic medication to try and help the way my body processes sugar.
Now because of this sleep apnea he wants me to drink just juice for two weeks to try and shed as much weight as possible to relieve some of the pressure.
My question is has anyone been successful on the juice diets, anything to look out for or avoid? Or just any tips in surving it, i have never done a juice diet before as I always believed they were a bit of a fad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Sophie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

There are plenty of sensible diets out there. Juice is FULL OF SUGAR and will set you up for massive cravings and blood sugar spikes and it sounds like a horrible idea. my diet plan (Bright line), weight watchers, over-eaters anonymous, calorie counting maybe even something the doctor prescribes, intermittent fasting..........the main thing is find something healthy and sensible t hat you can see yourself following for a long time and stick with it.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #3  
It's a Process... 🙂🙃🍓🍉🍠🍊🍎

S/C/G: 227/just started

Height: 5'9"

Unless it's a green-only juice (ex. Celery, cucumber, parsley, spinach, kale, etc..) there IS a lot of sugar. If you have Netflix you can stream the movie that the juice-only diet is based on: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. The sequel isn't as good as the initial movie. Lean & green meals have helped me the most in the past.. And they give me enough energy to be able to be active and work out (walking, gym, whatever you're comfortable with). While whole foods--plant strong--are the healthiest, I've had good results with using some of the Wonderslin, Bariwise and Medifast meal replacement options just to get a good jumpstart and to ease the initial shock to the body to sugar withdraw. I hope things go well for you! 🌼🌼
GiGiQue2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180

Height: 5ft 7

You can do it!
sweetsoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:10 PM   #5  

If like to lose 80 lbs, what would be an acceptable/ practical time from to go from 260 to 180?Also any tips on what type of dieting has snaptube vidmate show good results?

Last edited by amelbeabk; 07-14-2021 at 05:39 AM.
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 02:52 AM   #6  

This guy twalkdahulkfitness helped me so much! Maybe he can help you!
misslosedatjelly is offline   Reply With Quote