Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #1  

Height: 171

Post I want to be binge free

Hello everyone!
I'm new here. I've heard that it's more likely to achieve a goal if you share it with someone. So that's me sharing my story.
I've been suffering with several eating disorders for about 5 years now. Last year I've made a lot of progress. There was time that I used to binge eat every day. Thanks to my parents and my boyfriends support I learned to dismiss urges to binge. Or I thought so. I used to overeat once a week at that time but still, it was a great accomplishment for me.
But things changed few weeks ago. I moved out and changed my university. I don't know if it's because of stress connected to moving to another country or because of me and my boyfriend breaking up, but my binges came back. I'm hopeless now. I thought that this nightmare was over. Ofcourse there was some weight gain too. Right now I don't even see any motivation to try again to fight the urges.
I'm here because I remember I was much happier when I was binge free. Maybe someone else experienced relapse, maybe someone also is a BE eater. Please let me know. We can support each other.
Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:57 AM   #2  

Hi! I am new here myself but wanted to just say that I can relate. I once went through a 42 day eating disorder program - with 3 anorexics, 24 bulemics and 3 of us "non purging over eaters". It was the hardest thing that I ever did. The program was based on a 12 step program - which is to say a spiritual program but the main takeaway was to not "eat over feelings". That is to FEEL you feelings rather than trying to stuff them down with food. Easier said than done, I know. If you can just start to discern WHAT the feelings are behind the urges - Sad, Angry, Depressed. Lonely? That might help you find another outlet for them. It certainly seems that you have had a lot of disruptive changes in your life so it is understandable that you would relapse. Just take it "one day at a time" and give yourself lots of praise for every day that you get through without a binge. Then take note of when you binge, on what, and what the feelings behind it are. That will help, I think. Yes, we can support each other! Good luck, Luck!
mountainannie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge eating, depression, supportgroup, vegan, weight gain