Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-07-2018, 08:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy Back again nearly 10 years later...

Hey all.

The last time I was active on here was seven years ago, so likely nobody remembers me. I lost 60 pounds between March 2009 - January 2010. I actually kept the weight off for quite a while, until mid-2011, but...

Not really knowing what to do with my life after college graduation – coupled with no experience cooking for myself regularly – ultimately led to me gaining all the weight back... plus so much more

It took me a long time to have the energy to lose weight again, being so afraid I would "fail" again and be even worse off, but the other day I bent a folding chair leg from sitting in it and decided that something needed to change.

Ten years ago I hit goal weight by losing 60 pounds, but this time I have 140 to lose, and I'm almost 30 years old now. Some of the things that worked for me last time might not work this time.

I can honestly pinpoint my weight gain starting when I decided I no longer needed to keep a food diary. I thought because I had maintained my weight loss for over a year and a half, I was "safe". Well... nope. Definitely not.

So I've now accepted that once I succeed in losing this weight again (and I will succeed, no matter how long it takes), that I will need to keep a food journal for the rest of my life. Seeing as when I was skilled at tracking my food it took me less than 5 minutes a day, the trade-off would definitely be worth it.

While this forum isn't as active as it used to be, this place meant a lot to me 9 years ago. I hope those of you that do post here will (humbly) accept me back.

Last edited by megwini; 08-07-2018 at 09:40 PM.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:46 PM   #2  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!
I am also a regainer. I lost and regained even more and now I'm back. I'm also in my 30's now. I need to lose 145 pounds. There is a active threat in the"100 pound club" for specifically for people who lost the weight and gained it back. We would love to welcome you to join us there.
I know how frustrating it is to lose all the weight and then have to re-lose it all over again plus some. I lost over 80 pounds,(And was very close to Onederland) I worked hard, and then over the span of 5 years, gained it back, plus 20 more pounds.
You've already made the biggest step. But now the hard work begins. I hope to see more of you around the forum. ^.^
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 71/67/55

Height: 165

welcome back. I keep my fingers crossed and I wish all the best
Camila415 is offline   Reply With Quote