Old 12-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Default Want to drop 30 pounds - join in

Hi all. I've wandered around 3FC looking for a similar forum but didn't see one so I thought I'd start this forum.

I'm new to 3FC and really like what I see.

I'm thinking we can use this thread as a weight tracker, set goals, share what works and what doesn't, recipes and generally our journey to lose 30 pounds.

So I'll start but this isn't all about me so feel to join in.

I'm 5' 4" and weigh 155. Though I don't think age is important for this thread I will mention I'm 64. My goal weight is 125 as that was my weight for most of my adult life. Seems age, menopause, 2 years of retirement and my own inattentiveness has caught up with me. So now it's time and that's why I'm here.

I'm a runner, walker, sometimes hiker, sometimes snowshoer and often use my Total Gym and treadmill.

I wouldn't consider myself a foodie. I'm not a big drinker but do like beer and wine and I know that they contribute to my insatiable appetite the day after. So I will be working on my alcohol consumption as I start this journey.

Thanks for reading and feel free to join in.

CW = 155 (current weight)
STG = 150 (short term goal)
LTG = 125 (long term goal)

I'm going to try to weigh in once a week.
SONGOFJOY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 341.4/341.4/210

Height: 5'7"

Hi

Great idea!

I'm back after a long time away, and will join in!

I have a lot of weight to lose - I weigh 337.7, and 30lb is close to 10% of my current weight so it's a really nice goal to get me started. Are you planning to weigh in on the 29th?
ebenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 341.4/341.4/210

Height: 5'7"

Actually weighed myself today on the scales I'll be using from now on and it's 341.4! So resetting start weight to that and let's see how it goes from here!
ebenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Hi Ebenas. Thanks for joining. You can use this thread however you'd like to accomplish your goal.

My goal is to lose 30 pounds. Weigh-in day will be Friday morning.

As of Friday December 29, 2017

CW = 155 (current weight)
STG = 150 (short term goal)
LTG = 125 (long term goal)
SONGOFJOY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:50 PM   #5  

Default Count me in

Thanks so much for starting this thread! My name is Cheri. I am a 49-year-old energy consultant, and mother of three teenagers. I’ve struggled with my weight since me early 20s. My mother had (has) major body image issues, which she generously passed on to my sister and myself.

Today is th first time I’ve logged on to 3FC since 2013...when I had just lost 50 pounds. I weighed 147 pounds then.

Now? Over 200. How? Well, lots of reasons. (We all have them, don’t we?) The regain started during my messy divorce from my husband of 24 years. Followed by a whirlwind rebound relationship that had me traveling (and eating) all over the world, and, now, a very comfy cozy relationship with a man who loves to eat what I cook. I have a demanding job, that requires travel much of the time, which means I’m eating in restaurants most of the time. Aaaaaand, I come from an Italian family. N’uff said.
Oh - I am also a stress eater. Sadly, my middle son is a colossal source of stress in my life. He has bipolar disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, and ADHD. He is almost 18, and has been in psychiatric treatment since he was nine years old. He has always been a challenge, however, these last three years have been incredibly difficult, with run-ins with the law, drugs, and multiple psychiatric hospitalizations. I turn to food for momentary comfort in the resulting times of pain, worry, sadness, etc.

Since I just moved in with my significant other, and my scale is packed away in a box somewhere...I’m going to venture a guess and say that I am about 210, at this point. I will dig it out tomorrow and update.

CW = 2??
STG = 195
LTG = 145

Thanks again for starting this thread. I look forward to hearing everyone’s stories, and to supporting one another!

Here’s to a healthy and happy new year for all of us! 🎉
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:32 AM   #6  

Default Can I join the ride too?

Hi there,

This is the first time that I have done anything like this. So it's a new year and I want a new me.

I have watched the weight creeping up on me over the years and have a few abortive efforts in the past. So what is different this time around? Well I am approachingoing 50 and I don't want to hit that milestone in a wobbly state!

I like to eat and be merry. Simple. Too many calories in and not enough movement out. So my ratio is wrong.

I will aim for a low carb diet. Lots of vegetables and limit alcohol. Well maybe enjoy the odd cheeky G&T slimline now and again...

Current = 117kg
STG = 110Kg
LTG = 85Kg

Good luck to all on their personal journeys, and Happy 2018 from Scotland.
mikeywikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:17 PM   #7  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi All,
This thread fits me exactly - thanks songofjoy2
I'm currently at my highest weight ever which is about 14lb higher than a previous 'normal high' (struggling to work in lb's a bit - i'm used to kg's!). My 'normal high' isn't where I want to be either, I want to be at my normal normal. So now we've cleared that up, hello to everyone!
The plan is calorie counting and trying to be patient. I started 11 days ago so have lost about 3lb. Desperate to get back to 'normal high' as quickly as possible, then start properly!
How's everyone going so far in 2018?
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 159/132.4/125

Height: 5 foot 4 and 1/2 (164cm)

Hi songofjoy2. My weight loss journey is similar to yours. At 5 foot 4, I weighed 159lbs on January 16th 2018, the heaviest I've ever been. I've been calorie-counting and working out (I'm also a runner ) for the last month and dropped 11lbs, now at 148lbs. My goal weight is also 125lbs. I've been from 127 to 135lbs depending on the time period in my life. I want to get to my goal weight and feel stronger.

Also I am a foodie so I'm happy to share my recipes (Cuz healthy doesn't mean tasteless)
I want to join in!
MelodicWarrior29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #9  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Know this thread isn't going any more, but just reporting in that I lost my 30lb. Actually 33lb off as of this morning. It took me from January 5th to April 28th, so just under 4 months. Decided along the way that another few 1lbs would be good too, so i'm not quite at target yet but expect to be there in a couple of weeks. It's so worth it! So happy I did this.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote