Old 11-01-2017, 11:38 PM   #1  
Dwindling Diva

Smile Dwindling Divas of Columbus, OH

Hello Ladies,

This thread was created for a fabulous group of ladies in Columbus OH that have banded together to lose a whole lot of weight. I know that we are going to accomplish some amazing things together!

Post here just to say Hello, how great your day was or what obstacles you may have faced. Any recipes that you like, any challenges you think we should try or an apps that have worked for you. Anything that will help us in our journey and will bring us together.

This is our forum - so lets get a whole lot healthier, lose a whole lot of weight and have a whole lot of fun doing it!

After all, we are the
Dwindling Divas!

Elle

We will reach Onderland --- TOGETHER!!
U2girlOH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:09 AM   #2  
Dwindling Diva

Smile Hello

I thought a good place to start would be with Introductions

My name is Elle. I am married with 2 children. I am looking to lose about 120 lbs. I live in NW Ohio - right outside of the Dublin area.

Things I like to do: I like to read, hang out with family and friends, dabble in makeup. I am a student at CSCC, working towards completing my Wellness and Health Promotion degree. I have a vast collection of workout DVDs and videos and over 200 books.

I've lived in Columbus for about 4 years now and I really like it. I am looking forward to being fit and healthy again. Lots of fun outdoor things to do in Columbus.

My motivation: My husband and I took a picture together Sept 1998, so next September it will be 20 years since we took that picture. We want to retake it. I still have the dress (I know right), but there are quite a few pounds between me now and that dress. So, I need to start now to make it. Plus I want a nice long life with my family and friends and I know that carrying all of the extra weight can stop me from having that.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better!
Old 11-02-2017, 05:37 PM   #3  

Default Introductions

My name is Anna. I am a 25-year old lesbian transwoman. I work part-time and I am wanting to lose weight before starting hormones and eventually the surgery. Also my body doesn't match my mind in terms of how I see myself. I am doing this with my girlfriend and I am looking to be in a more healthier weight. Right now I want to lose 100 pounds and so does my girlfriend. It helps to have her do it with me.

Things I Like To Do: Read, Walk, Cook, and play some games. I have a degree in psychology and a certificate in phlebotomy both of which are not being used right now. The goal is to find a full-time job in one of those fields. I like hanging out with people so maybe if we don't live too far from each other we can meet up and go on a hike! I live in the Worthington area.
Anna1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #4  

Default Intro

Hello everyone,

I'm Kandi. I found the thread. I'm super happy to be here!
I'm 38 years old. No children, 2 cats.
I'd like to lose about 70 lbs.
I love food, particularly food that's horrible for me. I don't have an issue with working out, but I struggle with consistency.

I look forward to our struggles and achievements as a team.
Here's to hoping that we all reach our goals!!!
kandiredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #5  

Hi Elle,
Hi Kandi!

My name is Cheryl, some call me C-C or Cheri since we have another Cheryl in the family, but really, I prefer Cheryl.
I will be 47 later on this month (just typing it feels bizarre to me).
I've been married for 15 yrs and we have 2 boys, 12.5 and 10 (and let me tell you that .5 all of a sudden matters because in 6 months he will officially be a teen, I am so not ready!)
I live in the Worthington area and I have about 100lbs to lose, but would be happy with 80lb.

I honestly want to be a healthier example for my kids and to look good again.
I hate how flabby I look and 'now that I'm older' it's that much harder to lose the weight.
I struggle finding the motivation and energy to even start.
And right now my biggest struggle is all the halloween candy left at home. LOL I work from home so I swear I hear it calling my name.

Elle I have a picture with my husband form 1998 too, not sure I could ever get there again, but would be nice to come close!

I'm excited and really nervous about this journey.
Cheryllsm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #6  
Dwindling Diva

Thumbs up Hello DD Kandi and Cheryl

Hi Kandi and Cheryl!!

So glad you ladies took a moment to introduce yourselves today!

Kandi, I know exactly what you are talking about. Why does it seem that all the foods that are bad for you taste sooo good? LOL Interesting enough, I have found that since I have been trying to eat healthier, my palate has changed a bit. I find that I am actually craving some healthier foods. It's a nice change because I feel like I am actually doing something good for my body and it tastes good. Yes, I am also looking forward to all of us reaching our goals together as a team. I am hoping that everyone else chimes in with introductions and how they have been. We've really got a solid group of ladies here and I can't wait until we really get going. I am hoping that throughout the weekend, we can get everyone here and get the ball rolling for next week. You are so right, consistency is absolutely key! One day on 2 days off is going to get us nowhere. We have to try our hardest to make every day count. If we are having a hard stressful day or really struggling, Dwindling Divas can come together and help us through it. I look forward to getting to know you Kandi and regaining our health together.

Cheryl, how are you neighbor? I come to Worthington quite often Congratulations on 15 years of marriage! That is AWESOME! October 30th marked 18 years for hubby and I. I can't believe the time is going by so fast. Our girls are 11 year old twins. They will be 12 in a few weeks. Like you, I want to set a good example for my kids. I have been amazed at how willing the girls have been to cooperate and change to healthier habits since I have. The other day, my daughter was so excited to make a completely meatless meal for the family (and we are MEAT eaters). It was wheat pasta with sauteed broccoli and peppers. It was very good and I was so proud of her. I've also been looking at food labels and paying attention to ingredients on boxes and so now I've noticed they are looking at ingredients and trying to eat things that have few ingredients that they can pronounce. So, yes, your kids will absolutely follow your example and try to make healthier choices that match yours. OMG...Girl., I completely hear ya on the Halloween candy. It's everywhere. I know it is hard, but you can do it! If it is too much of a temptation for you since you are home during the day, is it an option to ask hubby to take a bunch of it to work to get it out of the house? That way you don't feel like you are wasting it and you aren't tempted by it. That's funny that you have a pic from 1998 as well. Yes, I was much thinner several years ago and I got to that weight and I am determined to get there again. You'll learn one thing about me....once I get my mind set on something, there is no turning away. Well, thanks again for posting today and introducing yourself. I look forward to getting to know you and reaching our health and fitness goals together.

Good news, I got on the scale this morning and I have lost 2 more pounds, so I have lost 23 lbs so far! Very excited about that. I'm going to keep ticking away at this weight until I am at goal! Looking forward to the same for every Dwindling Diva.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:15 PM   #7  
Dwindling Diva

Post Tracking of Food

I am curious to know how many of us actually track the food that you each each day. I mean everything that you put in your mouth. I did this for a few days before changing my eating habits and I was surprised (or should I say mortified) how much I actually ate.

If you have a smart phone, there is an amazing app called Lose It. There is a pay version or you can just stick with the free version. I only use the free version. I kid you not, it has just about every food you could possibly think of in it. The calories, the fat/carb/protein ratios and everything. If you really don't want to go all tech, a pen and paper will do.

I encourage everyone to just take a few days and actually track everything you eat. If you eat at a fast food restaurant, just about every restaurant has the nutrition information on their website.

This is not about changing what you are currently eating just yet, but just being very aware of what you are eating. As it was in my case, it may reveal that you are eating way more than you really thought you were.

So either by pen and paper or an app, take a few days and track what you eat and let us know what your findings were. Look forward to hearing all about it!
Old 11-04-2017, 07:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good Morning Ladies. Welcome to 3FatChicks! This is a great idea to get together here and share your weight loss journey. I hope you know, others will be following along with you seeing how you're doing, possibly comment, and I do hope you will branch out a bit to other threads and get to know some of the rest of us.

Good luck to you!!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/246/165

Height: 5'6

Red face

Hi, I'm not from Colubus, but Eastern Dayton, so close enough right!

I have an untimate goal of 100lbs off, but starting goal of hitting 199.

I'm following weightwatchers smart points but the cheapy version with the Itrackbites app.

My current goals include working out 4 days a week currently doing Insanity Max30. I'm also tracking my steps on my fitbit trying to reach 10k steps (Some days I get it somedays I don't)

I'm married, I have 2 dogs, Basil & Pepper, and a Cat Caper.
emmyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:45 PM   #10  
Dwindling Diva

Wannabehealthy, thanks so much for your warm welcome to the board. I used this board years ago and thought it was a great environment for support and encouragement. When you are losing the amount of weight that we are planning to lose, we need all of the support and encouragement that we can get. Please drop in anytime!! We are glad to be a part of such a vast support group.

Elle
Old 11-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #11  
Dwindling Diva

Hello fellow Ohioan Emmy

Sounds like you have a solid plan going. That's great! I have never heard of the Itrackbites app. I will have to check that out! I had been doing BB - Turbofire. It was a lot of fun, but I think it ended up being too much for me right now. Primarily because earlier this year, I tore my meniscus and ACL. I had surgery in April and it must have agitated something because I have had a hard time getting around this week. So, once my leg gets better, I will be doing my walk at home workouts. I have a few Biggest Loser walking workouts and a few Leslie Sansone. As I always say, we only have 1 body, better treat it right! LOL I own Insanity, but it will be awhile before I'm able to do those with you. So glad to have another on board that does at home workouts! I love working out at home. I can workout whenever I feel like it, wearing whatever I want. It just works for me. I have a fitbit, I need to pull it out again. Kandi is also a pet lover...she has 2 cats.

Well, so glad you checked in. I used this board years ago and I thought it was a nice place where everyone has the same goals -- getting healthier, losing weight and meeting new friends. Please post anytime you like. So great to meet you!! There are some really fascinating ladies in this group. You've met 2 of them (Kandi and Cheryl), but there are 7 more of us that will be coming on board soon. Then like you, others may come along. I'm very excited!

Elle
Old 11-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #12  

Hi fellow D. Divas,

I am Karen and joined the group to get some help losing 75 pounds. I am 60 and have several health issue. The one I am working hard at is getting my diabetes under control. I live with a cat and a new puppy and have two grown sons, one grandson and two daughter in laws. I am a retired nurse. Had to leave my profession due to arthritis, and back issues.

New insulin is helping and I lost 12 pounds in 4 months....I get so hungry on this insulin. Unbelievable. Also have been struggling drinking enough wat

Small steps moving in the right direction, even if it takes forever and a day. Is what I tell myself.

Looking forward to your posts, and getting to know you.
Karen
kyoumans0803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:15 PM   #13  

Hello everyone. Sorry, I had a very long week at work.

I'm Amy. I'm 42. I've been divorced for several years.
aldhyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:42 AM   #14  
Dwindling Diva

Default It's Marvelous Monday

~~~MARVELOUS MONDAY~~~

Hope everyone had a great weekend! It went by too fast as usual for me. Hubby and I went out to dinner last night and had a great time! Karen and Amy, so glad that you got all set up and good to hear from you. Amy, so sorry that you had a rough week. This week will be better!

It would be great if we could get everyone in the habit of posting daily. Even if it is just to say Hello. Can we do that Ladies? I think so! Just like in losing the amount of weight we want to lose, Consistency is key! We have to get in the habit of doing the right things everyday long term. That's how we are going to get results.

Look forward to hearing from you all. Enjoy Marvelous Monday!

Elle

Last edited by U2girlOH1; 11-06-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:06 PM   #15  

Hi Cheryl, my name is Anna. My girlfriend and I live in Worthington. Maybe we all can meet up for coffee and maybe a hike? Halloween candy is hard for everyone. My girlfriend and I both work at Kroger which makes it harder because we get a 10% employee discount. My struggle is energy during my shift. I grab energy drinks like crazy. Today marked the first day of my girlfriend and I drinking green smoothies and hopefully we can start walking soon. I have no motivation to walk though because I believe (wrongly) that fat people can't walk. I believe they hobble and should do nothing but stay in bed. But keeping this mindset will not help my goal in losing weight. I hope we can meet in-person! And congrats on your marriage. My rents just celebrated their 38!
Anna1201 is offline   Reply With Quote