Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default Vionic sandals: would you get?

I thought this might be a good place to ask on. I am looking for a new pair of sandals. I had come across the vionic ones as a possibility but I am not 100% if they might be a good fit for me.

My foot: high instep, past broken big toe that has developed a bunion on last joint closest to foot

What I hope to achieve: comfort in walking, comfort with arch and definite comfort while flexing the big toe as I walk. I currently have tevas - zirra. However the strap comes across this area of the toe bump and after a great deal of walking becomes irritated, not red, but just overall pressure on bump. I do like the arch support that does come with these shoes. Those of you who own the vionics with similar foot description let me know if you find them to be comfortable and worth trying. I can't find them locally so I will have to order online. All others who own them, let me know what you think too. I have not decided on a style, but I guess just the overall benefit to walking and stress on feet, style suggestions can come thereafter TIA!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 07-28-2017 at 09:08 AM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

lemonthyme, I am thinking of getting a pair of Vionic shoes after a friend with foot problems told me how she can be on her feet for hours with much less pain.
I sure would like to try a pair on before I buy them.
Someone just gave me her used pair of Merrell slip ons and they are so supportive. I wonder how their sandals would be. They are just as pricey though.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:33 PM   #3  

My DH has merrells, though nice shoes they are the worst for holding stink! I had gotten his sandals specifically for the anti-bacterial (microban?). Not the case, so beware if you wear barefoot. I know the price for any of them is crazy but if I can find something that helps my foot last longer in the day that would be helpful. From what I read the vionics sound like they get all positive ticks for a buy - but because I don't have the luxury of trying on before ordering I'm seeking input. Let me know and maybe I'll be able to make the jump before summer runs away.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Another thing that concerns me is to spend all that money and then have my feet shrink. I have gone down a half size since December and I still have a long ways to go.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

YES!!!! Vionic shoes and sandals are the only brand of footwear I can wear. I had a foot injury and need orthotics which don't fit in anything except my gym sneakers. I wear Vionic ballet flats, high heels, flip flops, etc. They're amazing, very good quality and I don't have foot pain when I wear them.

I even wear the flip flops in the house bc walking barefoot causes a sharp, shooting pain up into my shin within 5 minutes of walking without them.

If nothing else you can order from OVC and if not happy return them. I buy mine from a brick and mortar store but this way you have no risk. I say definitely go for it!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #6  

Thank you both for your knowledge. When your doctor says consider orthopedic shoes one just cringes. who wants to hear those words? I sure don't as I have always been a shoe girl. I'll have to see if I see them the next time we go to a bigger city and see about trying on. Thanks again!
Old 09-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

My mom loves the Vionic sandals and they do have some cute (for the orthopedic supportive nature) styles and my mom who has arthritic pain says they're super comfortable and supportive.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

I've never heard of this brand before. My mom has a lot of foot issues. I think I'm going to recommend them to her.

6pm.com has a lot and they're on sale today so maybe I'll just order some for her.

Thanks!
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote