General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Carbs at night for weightloss

Has anyone heard of this? I know someone who lost a lot of weight, of course she followed a low calorie diet with the help of a nutritionist but she was instructed to eat all the carbs at night time. Here's some info on it http://jasonferruggia.com/final-word-on-carbs-at-night/
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Summing it Up

Eat protein-focused meals with healthy fats, fiber-rich vegetables, and fruit during the day. Then, make your evening meals consist of lean protein and starchy carbs.

This sounds so much like CAD...Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. You eat carbs at only 1 meal a day, usually dinner. The thinking here is that your body will release insulin based on what you ate the the last meal, called "the second meal effect." Insulin is what causes fat storage, so we want to limit insulin spikes.

I want to clarify here that they mean having carbs at your evening meal, not necessarily at night time. My thinking of "night time eating" is all that stuff we eat while watching TV after dinner. LOL

It sounds like it could make sense. Although you don't want to go to bed with a full stomach, I think carbs help with sleep quality, which helps with weight loss.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-15-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Summing it Up

Eat protein-focused meals with healthy fats, fiber-rich vegetables, and fruit during the day. Then, make your evening meals consist of lean protein and starchy carbs.

This sounds so much like CAD...Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. You eat carbs at only 1 meal a day, usually dinner. The thinking here is that your body will release insulin based on what you ate the the last meal, called "the second meal effect." Insulin is what causes fat storage, so we want to limit insulin spikes.

I want to clarify here that they mean having carbs at your evening meal, not necessarily at night time. My thinking of "night time eating" is all that stuff we eat while watching TV after dinner. LOL

It sounds like it could make sense. Although you don't want to go to bed with a full stomach, I think carbs help with sleep quality, which helps with weight loss.
I don't know anything about the CAD diet, I don't really follow the trends anymore. I was just intrigued about eating carbs at night (the evening meal) because I know someone who was doing that and I thought it was weird at first and then she lost 100lbs.

I don't get the science of it really but I trust you that it's a hormone thing. At the end of the day being healthy is eating healthy foods and not too much.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:18 AM   #4  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

You will lose weight if you are in a caloric deficit. It does not matter when you eat, or what you eat when.
ArmyAng is offline   Reply With Quote