Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #1  

Red face New Today

Hello-
My name is Pam. I live in Elk Grove, California. I just found this blog today and decided to sign up. I just re-joined Weight Watchers again. I have joined so many times I cannot even tell you. I lose weight for a while and I quite. I am not sure exactly why. Now I have to lose weight because I need a hip replacement. I am in a lot of pain most of the time. I am 5'6" and weigh about 300. I need to get below 200 to get the surgery. I feel defeated before even starting because I have so much to take off. It needs to come off though. I would like to retire next year and then travel and it is no fun to travel when it hurts to move around. Plus it stinks to be this big and need to try to fit into an airline seat, etc. I have been seeing a counselor for a few weeks and she encouraged be to join Weight Watchers again because she thinks I could use more support. Maybe 3 Fat Chicks will be helpful too. I hope so. I also hope I might have something to say that might help somebody else.
Thanks!
blankenshipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:07 PM   #2  

Hello Pam! I am new to the site as well! I am in the same boat as you are... need to lose quite a bit of weight and LOVE to travel! However, I don't let my weight hold me back. ...Even though I know it would be easier if I were smaller! I've previously lost 80lbs back in 2011 and slowly have put weight back on. I have been struggling for some time to get myself motivated and in the right direction. I think a lot of it is our mindset and telling us we HAVE to do this....as something negative. Instead of I want to do this because .... I am also searching for support just like you! I know I can't change my habits over night, but I need to start the ball rolling in the right direction!
Gorda2Guapa is offline   Reply With Quote