Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Default South Beach

Anyone on South Beach meal delivery?
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223.8/217/145

Height: 5'4

The commercials look good but its kinda expensive
Mommy2Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #3  

Hi, I just saw this This is my first time posting as well.
I just received 3 or 4 weeks (not sure what I did lol...think 3 weeks then one week free on promotion with free shipping).

If you are still wondering about this.

I start tomorrow; 4/4/17 phase one!

I ordered meals and snacks. It is for 5 days in a week then the other 2 days are for *practice*.

I did...have one of the meals when it got here because I did not have much in the house and it sounded good LOL
It was chicken and green beans in a sauce and it was actually pretty good . The serving size may look small, but it is what we should be having and I felt great after eating it, so I look forward to the other meals starting tomorrow!

Sherri L
2bcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157

Default Sb

I have been on SB meal delivery for seven weeks now. I've lost 15 lbs even though I'm allowing myself one treat meal a week (which isn't on plan).

This is not my first time doing meal delivery. I did Nutrisystem about 15 years ago - perhaps it's improved since then, but I didn't like all the instant foods and thought it had too much sugar (I get mad cravings if I don't keep it low glycemic). A couple of years ago, I broke my shoulder and couldn't cook for a few months and did the Fresh Diet (a very pricey gourmet diet service). The food was really very good, but the portions were so small that I was always hungry and once again... too much sugar.

South Beach has solved those problems. It's a five-day-a-week plan; two days per week you cook your own food. I've found that very convenient since I enjoy cooking but don't want to do it when I get home from work. The food is generally low glycemic, so for me, cravings aren't really a problem. There are some sweet things: the breakfast shakes are sweet and there are add-on snacks that I have been using that are sweet, so my sweet-tooth is indulged just enough that I can stick with it.

It is sort of expensive: it's $300 per month for 20 days worth of food, and you still need to add vegetables, fruit and lean protein snacks (unless you're ordering their snacks). I think it's worth it though if you're looking for a diet solution that works with a busy schedule.

The lunch/dinner entrees are quite good. Honestly, they're probably as good as what I make myself, and I'm not a bad cook. There are a few that I haven't cared for, but you can choose not to receive those again. There is quite a variety to choose from.

The breakfasts have not thrilled me as much. The egg dishes just suffer from the reheated-egg-dish thing: the texture is generally not great. I've solved that by using muffins and shakes as my breakfasts.

I plan on continuing it for a while.

My one concern is shipping. They ship to me via FedEx-mail, so Fed-Ex essentially delivers it to my regional post office, that usually brings it the following day. So far, it's all arrived frozen, but if delivery were delayed (and it was scheduled for Saturday last time), I would probably end up with a box of spoiled food. I've spoken to them about it, and they assure me they'd reship if that happened, but it annoys me that when my food gets here I have to get out the thermometer and make sure things are still frozen. They could avoid that by using FedEx ground.
Harmothoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #5  

I think I will order the south beach meal delivery. I have acid reflux and they are able to make a plan for me. I need to lose 20 lbs and she said I can do it in 2 months. I am ordering tomorrow! It's expensive and my husband is not happy about it but I have to do something different. What I am doing now it's not working.

Any updates on this? anyone else tried it?
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #6  

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I just ordered South Beach a couple days ago. I am excited to get started. I have tried Nutrisystem before but the food wasn't very good. I've lost 60 lbs so far on my own but I need help with my last 60.
tongirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 157

Just an update to my South Beach diet comments above: I've been on it for a year, lost over 50 lbs. I decided I just don't like their breakfasts, so I do lunch/dinner only and have a vegan protein shake for breakfast. The entrees are about 220 calories each, so you'll still have some calories to fill up with vegetables, fruits, snacks, whatever. I found out a few months in that I'm casein intolerant, so I can't use their protein shakes which are delicious but casein based. They do have other snacks, some of them quite good, but they're all so processed that I decided not to incorporate them. I'm about to move into maintenance and may switch to Bistro MD that provides larger portions (and is much more expensive). Also, after a year of eating their food 10x per week, I'm about ready for a change.

Overall I'm very happy with SBD and recommend it.
Harmothoe is offline   Reply With Quote