Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #1  

Default Making changes with Optifast

I started Optifast 800 this morning (it's almost time for my second shake, as a matter of fact.) I have been putting this off for awhile, even after I was medically cleared to begin. I don't know if I can do it. I'm terrified of the consequences if I can't.

But I need to be accountable in some way and I don't feel like I can or want to talk to people in my life about this. So I'm starting out with just me and my fear and determination, and you all.

I never thought I was addicted to food before. But as I put off actually starting on Optifast and went on an extended "goodbye food tour" (oh, better have some pizza, it'll be the last time for 12 weeks ... etc.) I realized how messed up that is.

So I'm starting today with the dual goals of not being absolutely obsessed with food if I can help it and working toward losing 5% of my starting weight, so about 15 lbs.
SuperGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #2  

hi SuperGrover -- how are you doing so far? I'm scheduled to start Optifast on March 10th
eirean7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #3  

Hi eirean7, This week was definitely challenging. I completely fell apart yesterday. I had plans to spend the night at a friend's I haven't seen in years and I just didn't have the words to explain Optifast to her. Which is dumb, I'm going to do this for 12 weeks on the meal replacement, so it's not like I can or should keep it hidden.

I tried not to go completely off the rails, and I still lost weight overall this week, which is great. But I kind of feel like I'm starting from square 1 tomorrow. If I get any physical symptoms, it's my own fault.

But physically, it was OK. My stomach was growling a lot in the first few days, and I just kept going for water to fill up more. I was pretty tired days 2-3 but that went away too. Hopefully I can be true to my plan this week. I need better willpower.
SuperGrover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
optifast