Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:21 PM   #1  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Default How do you cope with dietary restrictions?

In my early 20s I was diagnosed with PCOS and was pre-diabetic. Last April I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes, High blood pressure, hypertension, and high cholesterol. Yesterday, I was additionally diagnosed with Non-Alchoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD).

Because of all this, I have to give up a lot of foods that I regularly ate and trying to fall into this new routine has been a major challenge for me. Low carb, low sodium, low calorie, low cholesterol, sugar free, no red meat, no cheese, and low-fat dairy in moderation is my new regime.

Before being diagnosed with NAFLD, I simplified my diet for my diabetes so that I could fall into a routine of checking my blood sugar routinely. This has helped me a lot this past month so making the few additional changes don't seem as bad as I probably would have expected. I normally eat a hard boiled egg with breakfast, so now all I have to worry about it not eating the yoke. I think out of all of these limitations, the one thing that I will miss is not being able to eat cheese.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote