Old 04-06-2015, 12:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Question Any favorite apps?

I'm converting to low carb (Atkins 4 phases plan) in a short time. Does anyone have an app/program they love?

I'm hoping for something that counts net carbs and shows what's left for the day, lets me load custom foods, track some other fun stuff (like exercise, etc), has at least mainstream restaurants listed, lets me enter custom recipes and will do a menu plan/shopping list. Anyone? My head hurts from searching. Surely such a thing exists.

MFP won't do net carbs -
Cron-O-Gram won't deduct any percent of sugar alcohols and shows net carbs at the bottom in stats - hard to track. Obviously they support calorie counters instead.
Atkins- well, it's just hard to find things like "pickles" - everything seems to be some atkins recipe or product. But I do like the menu/shopping planner.
Sparkpeople- I used them long ago - couldn't make it do anything other than calories as primary. Made me nutty. Love the graphics though!

Any ideas out there?
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

After much research and signing up for many online programs to experiment (most won't let you look without signing up - dirty dogs) - I've concluded I can't beat the Atkins app even though I wish it was a little better. Problem solved. Unfortunately. But hey, now there's more time for other things!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #3  

Take a look at FatSecret.com. Even the Atkins moderators recommend it. It has a huge database and will do net calories.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote