Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-02-2015, 11:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

Default work out time

Hi all

LIke to know how many of you work out early in the morning? I bought a treadmill with the intention of using it, so I need to get some mojo and like to get up at 5AM, and work out from 5:15 until 5:45 AM and start getting ready for work..
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:36 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

If I don't do my exercise in the morning, it doesn't get done at all. I prefer cool temperatures to work out in, and I love the feeling of "I did it already!" and getting a good jump on the day. But any time that you can do it, is the best time for you

I would suggest doing things that will help you in any way to achieve your early morning workout, such as having your workout gear laid out, and doing any morning chores the evening before (so, if you are running late, your workout won't get scrapped because lunch was not packed, etc.)

best wishes!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-03-2015 at 07:41 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm an outdoors exercise kind of gal, so I work it in when it fits in with the weather. In the summer, I go at sunrise to beat the heat. The rest of the year it's right after work. I can wait to go blow off steam after a long workday.

Totally agree with VermontMom. Any time you can get it in is the right time.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Thanks!
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:23 AM   #5  

I do my workout in early morning in between 5 AM to 6 AM. I think it is best time to do exercise in cool weather and fresh air as it helps me to feel fresh and active all the day.
tyler337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #6  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I've recently started getting up in the mornings to run before work. I love sleeping in and have always gone to the gym in the evenings, so it was tough, but I managed. It helps that I look forward to running.

One trick I recently learned: When your first alarm goes off, drink a glass of water and hit snooze. By the time it goes off again, you'll be ready to get up Supposedly just helps to get your system going, but it makes me have to use the bathroom. So either way...it works lol

I've also had people suggest sleeping in your workout clothes. This would NOT be comfortable for me, but I do lay out my workout clothes the night before to make it easier.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:01 PM   #7  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I'm not a morning person AT ALL, but I do enjoy running in the morning, especially because I solely run outside and it gets hot later in the day. The path is also more deserted as well. I don't always motivate myself to get out of bed (thanks nonameslob for the suggestion I'll be trying on Wednesday!), unfortunately. So best of luck to you with those early starts! I agree with the other suggestions of having everything ready to go the night before so you aren't worried about finding clothes, packing lunch, etc. in the morning.

Otherwise, my dance classes are in the evenings and I perform better in the evenings, so unless it's an early morning hike to beat the thunderstorms I stick to evenings. Having hiking buddies that I'm obligated to meet at a certain time is what motivates me for a 6am or earlier wake up on the weekend, along with the knowledge that being late means no trailhead parking at best and being hit with graupel and lightning above treeline at worst.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:24 PM   #8  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

For my morning runs, a banana and small amount of dark chocolate really fires me up and gets me ready to go.

Once I get back I eat a big breakfast.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

I work out in "my morning". I work swings and am not home til midnight. I work out anywhere between 9 am and noon. I don't eat before I work out because it slows me down or I'll throw it up sometimes. Just water. I'm not hungry yet anyway. I eat breakfast after I get back.
Spinning is my fav exercise. My knees don't hate me anymore.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post

One trick I recently learned: When your first alarm goes off, drink a glass of water and hit snooze. By the time it goes off again, you'll be ready to get up Supposedly just helps to get your system going, but it makes me have to use the bathroom. So either way...it works lol
that is GENIUS!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote