Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie on board!

Hello! I have looked at this forum several times, but have just now joined! I am 24, a college graduate and relatively new wife and mommy(my baby girl will be turning 1 in October!) I have always been slightly overweight (I am 5'3" and ranged mostly from 140-160 lbs while in high school in college, except for a brief period with a relationship going bad when I hit 180). During my pregnancy, I gained 40 lbs and hit 210 when I went into the hospital to have the baby. Of course, after giving birth, I lost about half of that, but gained it all back when I went back to work four months later (the double whammy of quitting breastfeeding and having money to eat out again). Despite my weight, I had always been incredibly healthy in all other aspects. I went to the doctor in May of this year to get routine blood work done (it was an incentive to get an insurance discount ). At the end of May, I was told that I was on my way to type 2 diabetes unless I made some dramatic lifestyle changes. She told me I needed to go low-carb and stay under 50 carbs a day.

This was pretty devastating for me, as carbs are basically my favorite food group but I started to show progress! My initial goal was just to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight (173), but that is looming close on the horizon and I feel that I can and should keep going. But I know the closer you get to a healthy weight, often the harder it can be to lose weight, so I think I will need some support! Looking forward to reading your stories!

-- thechemistmommy
thechemistmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome! I'm sorry you got such scary news, but it sounds like you are turning a negative into something very positive for your life! You're doing great, congratulations on all your success!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

There are some yummy Paleo and low carb recipes on the web, as simple
or as difficult level as you'd want. I've made some of the recipes and
they've always been tasty. You'll do great!
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote