Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/172/163

Height: 5'3"

Default Feeling Down today

Today is my first day of a week long off from work. I've been trying to find something to wear all morning. I'm just looking for something casual....jean shorts and a T-shirt...and everything is too baggy! I KNOW I'm supposed to be happy and excited and proud but I have no money right now to buy new clothes and I look ridiculous!!! I look like one of those women who don't know how to dress for their size....like a slob!
There's a sag in my pants that looks ridiculous....my shirts are dancing on me...ughh!!!
I'm wondering how I havent noticed sooner....I guess because my day to day wear is large work shirts, so its harder to take notice.
I'm frustrated.
Start203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Hello Start203 I'm so sorry you're feeling down! I understand what you mean though. You've worked so hard to lose weight, and a part of that joy is looking good in our clothes.

Right now I'm still not quite small enough for my smaller pants, but my bigger pants are huuuuge. I feel like they make me look bummy, and bigger than I am right now, but I can't afford to buy in between pants either. I've just been washing and drying them like crazy so they are shrunk up for most of the day, and then really baggy later! I've also used belts to make things fit better and not fall down. Do you have any wrap shirts or dresses that you can tie up tighter even if they are a little big? Unfortunately I can't sew, or I might be able to actually help you with advice, but if you can sew you might be able to get crafty.

I hope you get to go shopping for flattering new things soon!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/172/163

Height: 5'3"

Thank you. I'm soooo glad to know I'm not the only one frustrated. Not that I'm half ANYONE is frustrated...lol). I didn't even think to tie any of my shirts. That could possibly work on a few shirts. Thank you!
Start203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I hope it works! And no, you are definitely not the only one! I get frustrated by my baggy pants every day!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote