Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Skin care ?

What types of skin care have any of you used to help with weight loss sagging skin? I am fifty and I believe with gradual wt loss I will be able to help my skin that is fairly good shape still ( i.e. no stretch marks ). Besides coconut butter, anything else you all have found that helps? Also good facial skin care? Thanks
kmruby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

For my face, I am an Olay girl. I've been using Olay for years and love it. I wash with their foaming cleanser for sensitive skin. I also use their Pro-X cleansing brush and exfoliant cleanser. I use their Regenerist serum, the Complete day cream and their Regenerist night cream. I remove my makeup with their Daily Facials cleansing cloths.
The only other thing I use on my face that isn't Olay is Aveeno Positively Ageless Resurfacing Scrub. I use this once or twice a week.
I'll be 53 in August and believe these products have kept my skin in great condition.
For my body, I have always liked good old Suave Cocoa Butter & Shea lotion. Not fancy, not expensive but...it works! It keeps my skin soft & supple. As far as a product that claims to help with sagging skin, I think thats just a lot of hype.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-21-2014 at 04:03 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I'm on a coconut oil kick right now. I buy a big 54 oz jar (from nutiva) and I use it in the kitchen for cooking and eating as well as hair and skincare. I mix it with baking soda for a face scrub. I use it every day on my skin for stubborn stretch marks and ashy skin. My skin has never been softer, and considering that a whole jar of lotion puts me back about $2, I'm happy. I find that whipping the coconut oil keeps it a nice soft texture and keeps it from hardening. Today I whipped some up with some rose water and lavender essential oil. I use it just as a lotion, or just put a handful in the bathtub and when I am done all my skin is moisturized. I also use coconut oil to wash my face. My skin is soft and my acne and red spots are better too. I know you said no coconut butter but coconut oil is pretty great too and very versatile.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:03 AM   #4  
Patricia Smith

Ice is a good option for the oily skin... just do massage twice a daily with ice cubes. You get favorable results...They helps to regulate oil on your skin and also maintain the blood circulation in the facial muscles...
patriciasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:09 AM   #5  
Patricia Smith

Also try some...natural remedies like fresh cream,gram flour etc...

Last edited by patriciasmith; 06-23-2014 at 03:11 AM.
patriciasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claygirl1518 View Post
I'm on a coconut oil kick right now. I buy a big 54 oz jar (from nutiva) and I use it in the kitchen for cooking and eating as well as hair and skincare. I mix it with baking soda for a face scrub. I use it every day on my skin for stubborn stretch marks and ashy skin. My skin has never been softer, and considering that a whole jar of lotion puts me back about $2, I'm happy. I find that whipping the coconut oil keeps it a nice soft texture and keeps it from hardening. Today I whipped some up with some rose water and lavender essential oil. I use it just as a lotion, or just put a handful in the bathtub and when I am done all my skin is moisturized. I also use coconut oil to wash my face. My skin is soft and my acne and red spots are better too. I know you said no coconut butter but coconut oil is pretty great too and very versatile.
Thanks for this. I've wanted to try coconut oil for a while but I wasn't sure what to do with it. I'll definitely give it a go now
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone for all the great tips--- I really appreciate it!
kmruby1 is offline   Reply With Quote