Old 03-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #1  

Default Hunger questions

Hello everyone, I am new here and found this site to be wonderful. Abt me: 34 yr old female Current weight: 176 lbs Height: 5' 6" Starting weight: 183.6 I started keto diet on Feb 24th, so it's been about a month since I started. I try to stay around 20-30 gms of carbs per day and restrict my calorie intake to around 1200-1300 cals per day as I do not have time for working out, but I do 1 he on the treadmill when I can. I guess I would say I am lightly active. I have lost 7 lbs so far, but I do no see a major difference in the mirror as yet. Am I eating too many carbs? Also, I used to feel full and I had to remind myself to not go under 1200-1300 cals. I also did not have any cravings for sweets or chips. But for the past couple of days, I have been feeling hungry all the time and want to stuff myself with Chester's hot fries. What am I doing wrong? Please help. (1 carb load every Sunday, with the exception of the first 2 weeks when I did not carb load.) This is what I eat: Breakfast: 2 organic scrambled eggs with 1 tbsp organic coconut oil, salt, red chilli powder & 2 tbsp mild shredded cheddar cheese. Coffee with 2.5 tbsp promised land heavy whipping cream and 1 drop of ez-sweetz (0 cals & carbs)
Lunch: 4 oz chicken breast cooked in 1 tbsp organic coconut oil with salt & black pepper powder. 1/2 piece of haas avocado with salt.
Coffee in the evening (around 4 pm) with 2.5 tbsp HWC and 1 drop ez-sweetz.
Dinner: 2 cups of chopped Monterey mushrooms, 2 cups of chopped brocolli, 1 cup spinach cooked in 1/2 tbsp of organic coconut oil with salt and black pepper powder or salt and 1 jalapeno pepper. If I am in the mood or hungry, then I may eat I medium sized raw peeled cucumber with 1 cup of romaine lettuce and salt. I drink around 16-20 cups of water.
I have been using myfitnesspal app to track food. Based on a 1250 cal day, my macros show 73% fat, 21% protein & 6% carbs. Fat: 103 gms, Protein: 67 gms & Carbs: 15 gms. Also, I am allergic to seafood, so that is out. And I eat only chicken (no other meat) & eggs. Other meats don't agree with me.

Any suggestions/advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
princesssn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #2  
diamondgeog

I'd say up the calories. Many people on low carb have too little fat. Coconut oil is great and VERY filling. Get organic and virgin. I put it in coffee, eat it straight, cook with it.

Also vary exercise. I am now adding more intensity to my running. Cross training is very effective. You may be doing this already. Google resistant starch. I am just finding out about this.

I personally have always had pretty high calories relative to my basal rate, and the weight came off faster than expected. Well I think I have. I really don't think you need to calorie count on low carb necessarily. The fat low carb combo should be setting your hunger right.

As long as it isn't chips you should be able to just eat. I personally have dairy. My body thrives on it, it is tasty, filling, and a lot of cheeses are pretty to very low carb.

Big edit. You are eating enough fat percentage. So other than upping overall calories, patience, different exercises, I am not sure.

It seems you like cheese. Maybe more cheese eating? Preferably grass fed. Also I eat grass fed butter.....straight. Yes I do. And I love it.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 03-29-2014 at 07:22 AM.