Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #1  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Default A... Um... "Big Girl" problem?

Soooo, this is my second week doing C25K, and so far I like it and have been getting myself motivated to go out for runs, but I'm encountering a "big girl" problem. And by "big girl" I mean "the girls," as in my chest.

I'm fairly large chested and always have been since puberty. When I run, I've been finding that my girls have been slipping out of my sport bra from underneath! As you can imagine this is not only rather uncomfortable, but I have to stop what I'm doing or slow down to tuck them back in discreetly. When I'm not running and they aren't being jostled about, the bras seem to fit fine. I have two different bras, one is a large (which is a little tight, but still comfortable) and one is an extra large. I have this problem with both bras.

Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do?
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #2  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hmm, are they good fitted sport bra? From what I understand, you've got bra that the size go by L, XL, right? I had that kind of bras before and, like you, the girls were making plan to break free like they were trying to ran away from Alcatraz every single times I was running. NOT COOL.

As soon as I got a good fitter sport bra (using the same sizing type as regular bras, like 36D example), it felt GLORIOUS. They are more expensive but totally worth the price in my opinion
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #3  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Look into sports bras like the Ennell line. I've been told they work quite well.

Quite frankly I've been taping my H cups down with ankle bandages when I'm doing anything like that, just because I find it easier.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

I had the same problem before and since I'm cheap and also struggling with finances right now I wanted to make due with what I had. I'm not suggesting you do this necessarily but it worked for me. I had a tensor bandage hanging around the house and I cut it down a bit and wrapped it around, THEN put a sports bra on. Again do I recommend this?. Not really. I'd love to go buy a bra expensive or not, so solve this problem. But feasibly right now I can't. So I've made due and it has worked.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #5  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
Look into sports bras like the Ennell line. I've been told they work quite well.
I love my Enell bra. Go to a specialty store that carries sports bras (there are other good brands) and try some on. Jump up and down in the dressing room. Find one that really fits. It makes all the difference.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #6  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

When you exercise your breasts move in all directions, basically doing figure-8s over and over again. Most sports bras are designed to limit vertical movement which is not enough. Not having the proper support can be painful and may eventually damage the Cooper's ligaments - the anatomy thingy that makes breasts cute and perky.

I wear this one from Shock Absorber and this one from Panache.

You want a sports bra that provides both compression AND encapsulation. And you'll get better support and fit with one that is sized like a bra (36D) rather than by letter (M).
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #7  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

I don't have this problem anymore, at least not since I stopped wearing "sports bras" altogether and just started wearing regular, everyday bras. I have a couple of older ones that I've retired from everyday use and wear solely for running. They do the trick nicely. I never found sports bras any good, no matter how much I paid for them.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #8  

I have a front closure zip-up sports bra and it fits like a glove. Somehow it fits so much better than any other one I ever had, no escapes with this one! I just wish I bought more when I got it, it takes a beating getting washed 3x week (I just use it on my running days now so I don't wear it out).
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I have 38HH (down a bit from my 40K!) "girls" (at this point, let's just call them women... because they're too big to be called girls!).

I have an enell which I like as well but these days I tend to wear a REALLY good coverage bra (like Elomi's Caitlyn bra which is full coverage bra) and then wear a sports bra (sized in the M/L/XL sort of way) over it.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #10  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I hear your pain....even tho my problem is becoming the opposite; I HAVE great sports bras but they are getting too big. I will be down sizing soon

Panache is the one I use and love. I will get a few new ones in a "smaller size" 34 F
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post
Soooo, this is my second week doing C25K, and so far I like it and have been getting myself motivated to go out for runs, but I'm encountering a "big girl" problem. And by "big girl" I mean "the girls," as in my chest.

I'm fairly large chested and always have been since puberty. When I run, I've been finding that my girls have been slipping out of my sport bra from underneath! As you can imagine this is not only rather uncomfortable, but I have to stop what I'm doing or slow down to tuck them back in discreetly. When I'm not running and they aren't being jostled about, the bras seem to fit fine. I have two different bras, one is a large (which is a little tight, but still comfortable) and one is an extra large. I have this problem with both bras.

Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do?
There are many places (on-line) where you can get good sport bra's--(cross-straps that are adjustable--) etc. where you won't have a problem--but they are expensive. I think the last one I bought was around $60.00. But it works and it lasts as I beat them up pretty good in the washing machine.

Last edited by Kscott; 05-13-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #12  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I think it's a bra problem :-(
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

If you can't afford to buy new sports bras, try wearing them both at once. That has worked for me
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #14  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Me and my DDD's lurrrrve my Panache sports bras!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #15  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Thanks ladies! I'm a little hesitant to spending a lot of money on a quality bra, as I'm hoping that when I lose a little more my bra size will go down. We have a pretty large Salvation Army thrift store here though, and I go there a lot to get new clothes so I'll check and see if I can find a decent sport bra there with an actual cup size.

Until then I think I'll try some of your suggestions like wearing both bras at once, or maybe wearing my normal bra underneath the sport bra. Thanks again!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote