Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #1  

Default 40 minutes treadmill a day?

Hi everyone!

I've been walking/jogging/incline walking on treadmill every night. I have gotten into a routine the last week, as soon as the kids go to bed I am on it, no excuses, just doing it! And my body feels great. I have a lot to lose.

I havent changed my diet tho, I have cut back on chocolate which I used to eat every night, I barely ever eat it now! But my eating is not perfect, and I still have odd treats.

The exercise is consistent though.

What is the likelihood Ill lose weight doing it this way? Or should I be more serious with my diet too? I just dont want to shock my body all at once hahaha
BelDownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

While it is awesome that you've implemented exercise into your daily routine, losing weight is between 70 and 80% dependent on your diet. I wouldn't stop using your treadmill now that you've started but you can do a lot more weight-loss wise with your diet. Even a small change like eliminating a couple hundred calories of chocolate is a good food decision!

Good luck!
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #3  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Definitely keep doing what you're doing with the treadmill! However, losing weight is mainly dependent on your diet, so you'll need to start making healthier choices there as well. To me, calorie counting using MyFitnessPal is the easiest way to keep track.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote