Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/138/110

Question Is my workout routine enough?

I am aiming to lose fat and tone up. So since the last time I posted on this site, I have started a routine.

for 4 times a week, I do 10 minutes of cardio. 20 minutes of HIIT and 30 minutes of strength training. Plus the mandatory warm ups and cool downs.

Is that enough for me to lose the fat and tone up?

I must include that I do overall strength, alternate days, yes, but still overall strength. Like day 1, upper body, day 2 lowerbody etc.

I just need to know if 4 days a week and my routine is enough.

Just wanna add that: I am QUITE strict with my diet. I abstain from sweet drinks now (I've not taken any cola since January), on weekdays, I eat chicken meat and vegetables, I stay away from refined carbs AS MUCH AS I CAN (So i still do SOMETIMES especially when I eat with my friends/family)
LoseitLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Your diet is what's going to make you lose fat, although the cardio can help a little with extra calorie burn. You are definitely doing enough volume of exercise (60 min 4x a week) to achieve a good level of fitness, as long as it is quality. Do you get your heart rate up? Are your muscles tired afterwards? Do you sweat? It should be hard to finish your routine (not too difficult, but you should have to push through). Make sure you are lifting heavy enough weights for your resistance training; you shouldn't be able to do more than 8-12 reps at a time, 2-3 sets.

Last edited by stella1609; 04-14-2013 at 03:24 AM.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote