Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #1  

Default Broken toe?

Tabbycat here.

I think I broke a toe yesterday when my foot banged into the foot of the bed. I broke one a couple of years ago. This time only the toe is red and black and swollen (last time the whole top of my foot was bruised). It does not hurt if I don't move it or stand on it LOL. In fact, I can wiggle all the toes and it just gives a twinge, but if I put any weight on it, then it really complains.

So... how long does it take for a broken toe to heal? It is the toe next to the pinky. I like to jog and I am signed up for two 5K fun runs in April. Will a broken toe keep me out of the races? What kind of exercising can I do that will not slow down the healing but keep me from losing ground in my journey to fitness? I'm 57 and about 130 pounds.

Thanks for any advice!
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I would totally go have it looked at and let them know about the 2 5k's. I broke my last 3 does 4 years ago (hey, I didn't get fat because I don't LOVE chocolate martinis!) and walked on it for several days. Long story short the Dr. said if I had come in earlier I would have saved myself a lot of pain and it could have healed faster.
GirlieJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Yes, get it checked. You do not want it fusing funny if it is broken and not treated.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote