Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #1  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Default more exercises I could do?

so far I've been starting off with a lot of running, walking, etc. It's been good so far and I love to do it. But I want to switch it up too.

(not looking for anything too intense just yet)
I've also done some cardio at home using videos as guides, BUT I have horrible rhythm so it's not easy. Plus I want to start lifting weights (nothing too heavy yet but just full body workouts)

I want to do some swimming in the summer, and maybe even ice skating (not sure if that would burn much calories though) and possibly even dancing.

My sister is also trying to lose weight, she wants to start in the new year. She's much smaller than me and only wants to lose 40 pounds. So I was thinking about us both joining a gym and supporting each other? Does that sound like a good idea?

And thank you for reading.... ( ; u ; ) have a nice day.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/226/145

Height: 5'9

This is a great idea and you will push each other!! Just don't let yourselves make excuses for each other not going, hold each other accountable!
wendychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i second that, what she said....every workout buddy that i've had has dropped out...i tried running outdoors with a friend, i've tried walking with a friend on her lunch break, i've tried walking with another friend, i've tried going to the gym with my hubby, and there's been a few more along the way...and Every Single One has dropped out with a laundry list of reasons and excuses

i've learned that you cant depend on someone else to get you working out or get you to the gym...and if you're going to shell out the money for a gym, be prepared to go it alone when/if your sister drops the ball

i'm not trying to be pessimistic....i'm just speaking from my own experience....
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

and speaking of horrible rhythm....you should have SEEN me try to do a dance class similar to Zumba...LOLOL it was an utter failure...i danced my heart out and loved it but i KNOW i wasn't even close to doing the correct steps LOL! i actually quit the class, not because of my horrible lack of rhythm, but because the gyrations were seriously bothering my lower back, which already has been injured before
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #5  
babybat

Height: 5'7

alaskanlaughter
She kind of fell off the wagon this year, but I'm pretty strong willed most of the time so I think we could do it, shes lost weight before but I'm not sure how much. I think I'll give it a go but I won't depend on her alone.

I'm sorry about your back, ha I'm so glad I'm not the only one with no rhythm.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #6  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

Working out with your sister could be a great thing, someone to talk to while you work out is a great way to pass the time. Plus, if you can't keep up a light conversation, you may be pushing yourself a bit too hard.

I second alaskanlaughter's advice about not relying on her to keep you going to the gym. Life happens and everyone's weight loss journey is different, so as long as shes accompanying you and not your sole reason for going you should be good.

Don't let it get competitive.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #7  

Great Idea! Here's another idea, write out a small exercise plan to do weekly so you can keep yourself motivated.
1FatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Height: 5'3"

I just started hot yoga classes and I really like it, it has helped with keeping my head in the game to lose weight, eat less and eat healthy. The last thing you want in a room heated to 105 degrees is a burger and fries.... Afterwards a banana sounds like heaven! Also, fitness blender has hundreds of different workout videos online, there are ones for every skill level and focusing on all or one body part... They don't go super fast and always show you the workout before jumping into it... I recommend it! They have a website or just look up the videos on YouTube "fitnessblender". Keep it up! I don't like walking, but I run, yogi and do fitnessblender and love it all!
Annafterolin is offline   Reply With Quote