Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: sw190/cw179.5/gw145

Height: 5'8"

Default thighs

What are good thigh shrinking exercises?
lucky216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #2  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I've been jogging/walking on the treadmill and using my bowflex on my legs and in two weeks my thighs went from 36" to 28"

Thats what works for me, but everyone is different
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #3  

what are your thigh/calf measurements?
The ratio between the 2 is very important in terms of overall leg balance
you may find out you dont need to loose anything
i have problems with my calves myself, getting boots is a nightmare!
jojojo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

First and foremost, IMHO, I think that diet is the most important keep your diet clean and you will see results, although at times the fat may not leave your body in the places where you want them first, in your case legs, but eventually it will... After that it's cardio, running/walking, I feel have given me the best results... Last but not least, lunges, squats, lunges, squats, any all variations, lunges and squats... oh and did I mention lunges and squats ... yea they help a LOT
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Great question.. Because my inner thigh fat, is killing me! I been trying to lose it! Will be back to check on this thread! I need help in this area also!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: sw190/cw179.5/gw145

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the input. I've been running, walling, and cycling. I will add lunges and squats. I haven't measured yet, but I'll post again when i do. It just stinks because I'm small enough in the waist to wear a ten, but i feel like the legs are way too tight.
lucky216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatness View Post
Great question.. Because my inner thigh fat, is killing me! I been trying to lose it! Will be back to check on this thread! I need help in this area also!
I second that. I definitely need inner thigh help. I've been doing a lot of squats and I've been running consistently. But nothing seems to effect the inner thighs. And while I totally appreciate having nice, smooth outer thighs, the inner thighs still have dimples! What's up with that?
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning 2 Live View Post
I second that. I definitely need inner thigh help. I've been doing a lot of squats and I've been running consistently. But nothing seems to effect the inner thighs. And while I totally appreciate having nice, smooth outer thighs, the inner thighs still have dimples! What's up with that?
Exactly ! I do everything you listed as well! But this jiggly fat is too much. I don't know what to do about it! My thighs have slim down, but this inner thigh fat does not want to leave.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #9  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Unfortunately you can't spot reduce. You'll have to lose the fat and eventually it'll come off of your problem areas. The thighs are REALLY HARD for women to lose the fat on though, as we generally need fat around our hips and thighs.

My bodyfat % is low, I can wear a size 0 and kids sizes and I don't even have a thigh gap. Of course, a lot of that is because I lifted on the way down so I have muscular thighs, but still.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatness View Post
Exactly ! I do everything you listed as well! But this jiggly fat is too much. I don't know what to do about it! My thighs have slim down, but this inner thigh fat does not want to leave.
Okay question. What kind of squats have you been doing? Cuz I've been doing the basic squats with my feet either shoulder or hip distance apart. That has not helped my inner thighs at all.

I think we should be doing a far wider stance while pointing our toes outward. I tried this while holding a kettlebell and I could have sworn that I felt my inner thighs engage a bit. It was just a test and I didn't really do any reps. But I'm going to do it tonight with at least a 30lb kettlebell. I'll do 3 reps of 12. If my inner thighs hurt tomorrow, I will report back here with success!!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #11  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I have changed my thighs incredibly in the pool doing the following:

In the deep end, I hold on to the edge of the pool, put my legs together and then lift my feet towards my but without spreading my legs. It's one heck of a burn.

I do "lunge walking" in the shallow end, taking as wide and low a step as I can.

My thighs have changed the most out of all my body just from swimming along with diet.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning 2 Live View Post
Okay question. What kind of squats have you been doing? Cuz I've been doing the basic squats with my feet either shoulder or hip distance apart. That has not helped my inner thighs at all.

I think we should be doing a far wider stance while pointing our toes outward. I tried this while holding a kettlebell and I could have sworn that I felt my inner thighs engage a bit. It was just a test and I didn't really do any reps. But I'm going to do it tonight with at least a 30lb kettlebell. I'll do 3 reps of 12. If my inner thighs hurt tomorrow, I will report back here with success!!
I do 2 sets of 20 squats with 20 pounds (meaning lifting weights)
Then i do 1 set of 20 squats with 50 pounds.
then i do 100 leg pressing with 20 pounds
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Thighs are the LAST to go on me--first thing to come back! Hence, my name! No spot reducing helps--consistent clean eating and exercise!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #14  

Okay, unfortunately I cannot report any real pain in the inner thigh region. So either the muscles are too darn small to register anything or I haven't found the right exercise to engage them. I'm going to keep doing the wide legged squats though cuz it's only few minutes more to my routine. But I'm going to have to get inventive, because my gym doesn't have that inner thigh machine. Which I am soooooooooo disappointed about.

Seriously though, through diet, cardio and strength training I lost 3 inches off my upper stomach roll, 3 inches off my crease and 5 inches off my lower roll. But I've only lost 1 inch from each thigh. Just ONE. Come on thighs! You gotta catch up!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Try the stepper, and for inner thigh muscles it's the adductor or abductor machine. The one you sit and close your legs.

Some people say you can't spot reduce, but just a quick search shows a Danish study that concluded it is. When you are working a particular muscle, more blood will flow to that area and that has some effects according to the study. (I didn't read it)

I'm in the camp that believes it is possible to specifically target certain areas. You could guess what sport an athlete does based on what their body looks like. I believe there is not only chemistry involved in the shape of the body, there are mechanics involved. Have you seen the women who shrink their waist by wearing a tight belt all the time? Or people stretching their ear lobes or necks. The body does respond to external influences.

Last edited by happynottsgirl; 12-13-2012 at 02:09 PM.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote